JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
JamesPaul94 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to JamesPaul94
Help for getting readyto move to japan - 03-25-2008, 05:18 PM

Hi everyone if joined this forum because i am possitive im going to move to japan i love the culture food and everything to do with Japan.

I only 14 but please take me seriously.

I need to know were to start after i leave school, like what do i sort out 1st...do i get enough money do in get a visa what do i do.
I need help from people who have done this before.

im interested in becoming a chef there or any other job i will enjoy, but i might teach english there to start of with.

im really stuck..i plan to move there i my 20's.

can someone please help me

Thanks in Return,
James
(#2 (permalink))
Old
JamesPaul94 (Offline)
New to JF

03-25-2008, 07:24 PM

should i get a job 1st to save up money
(#3 (permalink))
Old
LittleFallenAngel (Offline)
Fanfiction writer.

03-25-2008, 07:29 PM

Etoooo...
If i was you i would first start with learning japanese,thats the best since you want to take there a job when ur twenty and move there( Your japanese needs to be very good!...)
Ano...You also need alot of money to get there in first place and living there doesn't make it so easy. X_x..
~LFA..
PS. im not sure if i told this all good by the way o_o..XD

With this, I LFA. Aint no member anymore from JF.
| LFA-Daily. |
(#4 (permalink))
Old
hennaz (Offline)
こんにちは!

03-25-2008, 07:38 PM

You cannot legally work in Japan without a work visa, so after learning Japanese and sorting out money, you need to get the visa issued. Then you need to decide your means of accomodation (and buy it in advance, or you can sta with a host family), find a job (check the paper or the Internet for classified ads) and arrange an interview. Apart from that, that's all I know so far...

Hennaz ヘンナズ

(#5 (permalink))
Old
JamesPaul94 (Offline)
New to JF

03-25-2008, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleFallenAngel View Post
Etoooo...
If i was you i would first start with learning japanese,thats the best since you want to take there a job when ur twenty and move there( Your japanese needs to be very good!...)
Ano...You also need alot of money to get there in first place and living there doesn't make it so easy. X_x..
~LFA..
PS. im not sure if i told this all good by the way o_o..XD
I could understand you dw.
As soon as i leave school im going to do a japanese course and keep on doing them untill i know enough to survive there, then maybe take courses there in japan.

i heard you have to get someone in Japan to sponsor you so u can get a certificate of eligability so you can get the visa.

I also need to know what jobs ill be able to get.....would i be able to be a chef or something to do with I.T.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
JamesPaul94 (Offline)
New to JF

03-25-2008, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hennaz View Post
You cannot legally work in Japan without a work visa, so after learning Japanese and sorting out money, you need to get the visa issued. Then you need to decide your means of accomodation (and buy it in advance, or you can sta with a host family), find a job (check the paper or the Internet for classified ads) and arrange an interview. Apart from that, that's all I know so far...
Im interested in staying with a host family...how will i contact or find one? how long can i stay for. i could stay with a host family while i get a job
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Hatredcopter (Offline)
In the middle of nowhere!

03-25-2008, 11:23 PM

A few points to consider...

> Visit Japan before deciding to live there. Many people find that Japan can be a lot different from what they expected. A small number of these people, unfortunately, end up not liking Japan so much.

> You do need a visa to live in Japan. To get a work visa, you must have a bachelor's degree from a four-year university. Without a bachelor's degree, you can't get a job.

> You can also get a student visa by attending a school in Japan. However, to do this, you need to be completely fluent in Japanese. Being completely fluent in Japanese means taking formal Japanese courses for a minimum of about four years. However...

> There are a small number of universities in Japan that do offer classes in English. Those universities are very expensive, however. (Personally I don't think its worth it, but if you come from a wealthy family or you can land one of those Japanese government scholarships, then go for it).

> Usually you only stay with a host family when you're studying in Japan, not working.

> You can work in teaching English, and then IT after that (assuming you're skilled enough in Japanese... and IT, for that matter). I'm not so sure about a chef... you'd have to ask someone else about that.

郷に入っては郷に従え

Last edited by Hatredcopter : 03-25-2008 at 11:26 PM.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
anrakushi (Offline)
草上之风必偃

03-26-2008, 12:32 AM

to add to what hatredcopter said. you can study straight out of high school in japan but you will need to apply and get accepted into an intensive language program, many universities offer this for international students wanting to do their bachelor degree in Japan. You may need to study for as much as 2 years in that program before you can pass the entrance exams into Japanese universities.

As said, visit Japan first. I don't mean a quick 2 week, busy busy tour. have a decent visit to take in the life in Japan. I lived in Japan for one year and I know that Japan is where i want to live and i'm returning in a couple of months to do just that. If you have never been to Japan I wouldn't be making that move for sure without having some real experience Japan. The case is a little different for me as i had already spent 3 months in China prior to going to Japan and knew i could live in China happily despite how different it was, so i was pretty sure i could handle Japan.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
JamesPaul94 (Offline)
New to JF

03-26-2008, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrakushi View Post
to add to what hatredcopter said. you can study straight out of high school in japan but you will need to apply and get accepted into an intensive language program, many universities offer this for international students wanting to do their bachelor degree in Japan. You may need to study for as much as 2 years in that program before you can pass the entrance exams into Japanese universities.

As said, visit Japan first. I don't mean a quick 2 week, busy busy tour. have a decent visit to take in the life in Japan. I lived in Japan for one year and I know that Japan is where i want to live and i'm returning in a couple of months to do just that. If you have never been to Japan I wouldn't be making that move for sure without having some real experience Japan. The case is a little different for me as i had already spent 3 months in China prior to going to Japan and knew i could live in China happily despite how different it was, so i was pretty sure i could handle Japan.
Ok i should go and visit japan 1st, that would be necessary if i wanted to live there.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
aikochan86 (Offline)
JF Regular

03-26-2008, 11:53 PM

Do a lot of research into exchange programs and scholarships. There are sooo many opportunities out there but you only have until you're about 20 to take advantage of them.