JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
ancafeislove (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to ancafeislove Send a message via Yahoo to ancafeislove
i want to live in japan really bad but - 04-05-2008, 07:18 PM

i want to live in japan when i finish high school, i ha e allways wanted to live there sence i was little and now i only have 1 year left to school and i want ti know what do i have to do to live there? could i just pack up and go and apply for a visa wile im there because i know u need to live there for a few years before getting citizionship. i am really searious about this and if aney one knows how i could do this tht would be great!

(#2 (permalink))
Old
Hiroki (Offline)
BANNED

04-05-2008, 10:26 PM

just packing up and go isn't really the right idea otherwise you would be LOST IN TOKYO. You have to detail everything, and also where do you wanna live? Living somewhere else except the place where you have grown up is very difficult and can you speak Japanese? Because more then 60% of the population don't speak English!
I'm one of those lucky guys who managed to study abroad since my father isn't Japanese.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
04-06-2008, 12:01 AM

IMO, you would probably be better off getting into an exchange program after finishing high school, so that you can study abroad for a year or so.

Also, in order to get a Working Visa, you need a Bachelor's degree, unless you find someone to sponsor you.

At least if you get into a program through a college or university that has an exchange program with Japan or offers it, you can go over there (with a Student Visa), see how you like it while earning your degree. You can then go back on your own and maybe have an easier time finding a job.

Last edited by SSJup81 : 04-06-2008 at 02:57 PM.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
timelesssymphony (Offline)
なんでやねん?

Send a message via AIM to timelesssymphony
04-06-2008, 05:32 AM

first off it is very hard to become a Japanese citizen, I have a Korean friend who has lived here since he was 2 and still cannot get citizenship, a high school drop out in Japan is even worse than in the west generally (assuming you were planning on dropping out to leave early before you finish). I'm not exactly sure about that 60% figure of Japanese not speaking English most Japanese under the age of 40 know some from mandatory classes in junior high but they either are to shy to try or aren't interested (or sometimes when they do try Its so hard to understand)
(#5 (permalink))
Old
kpauner (Offline)
New to JF

04-06-2008, 08:32 AM

ancafeislove
Moving to another country (not only Japan) is a very big decision! Its nice to hear that you have some goals, but if you want to succeed you need to plan! Its very risky to just jump on a plane and hope the world will save you if you fail..

What i know of Canada is that it is a pretty safe nation, they take care of its citizens incase you dump into huge problems, are you willing to let go of your safetynet so early on?

I agree with SSjup81 an exchange program might be the best option, but of course do some research and come to your own conclusions, when you find an anwer come back and tell us

Cheers
(#6 (permalink))
Old
ancafeislove (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to ancafeislove Send a message via Yahoo to ancafeislove
04-06-2008, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroki View Post
just packing up and go isn't really the right idea otherwise you would be LOST IN TOKYO. You have to detail everything, and also where do you wanna live? Living somewhere else except the place where you have grown up is very difficult and can you speak Japanese? Because more then 60% of the population don't speak English!
I'm one of those lucky guys who managed to study abroad since my father isn't Japanese.
yes i can speek japanese and i dident mean just pack up and go lol i would have a plan first off . i have been looking for exchanges and so far only found veary pricey ones. my mom would be comming with me for the first mounth and she knows tokyo. an i would never drop out o school. i also know to get a visa i need to have a dagree.i have emailed to embasy of japan asking these questions. i also found out that if you live there for 5 years you can apply for citizinship. my friends sister did it and got it, she said it took a long time but she got it. i would also like to remind every one that i am 100% searous about this and would be willing to work my ass of for this =)