LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
Kenpachi11 (Offline)
高校生

01-27-2009, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keaton421 View Post
Go to college. Take an exchange trip. Take the time to make contacts, in the welding industry or not. A japanese company likely won't hire a random kid, even if he's a plucky young lad with a "nothing is impossible!" attitude.

A) Shrink down to the size of an ant, or lift 6 times your body weight
B) "Get good at welding", then waltz through the border into a Japanese job

Do both, and you'll prove to me that "nothing is impossible."

And for a 10th grade American who can't speak Japanese and allegedly is poor at English - plenty of things are impossible.

Ask yourself, "Do I really think I can get a job in Japan just because I'm a welder?" If you answer yes, it's time to do some research and soul-searching. I should be rich because I'm handsome and funny, but the world doesn't work that way

Marine Corps Enlisted Job Descriptions -- 6043 -- Aircraft Welder + Okinawan post = Win

Protip: Last I checked, you don't go to college to become a welder. I have never heard of a welding college. Normally you take welding classes outside of school, at the end they give you a test, and companies will hire the best of the lot. American companies.
you must not know a single thing about welding then do you?

From the sky, To the ground
Rain is falling all around
Thunder rain and wind
A song of storms begins

Play a song, A melody
Then everybody will see
The hero of time
Has come
(#42 (permalink))
Old
mrnicekid (Offline)
JF Regular

01-27-2009, 05:27 AM

although it is not absolutely impossible, i reckon it would be very hard; and the chance of a foreigner landing a job position of a welder is extremely low.

and the only way that this could happen is through connection.

you have to have some Japanese friends who works in the 採用系 (recruitment in human resources) of a company that employs skilled welders, so that he could some how fool the management to be your sponsor, so that the company could produce all the necessary documents that is needed to make a working visa.

then you have got to have powerful friends in the immigration to actually approve the working visa, because normally they would never give out working visas for welders.

of course, to make the job of your powerful friends in the immigration easier, you would have to forge a degree certificate, preferably an engineering degree, and apply for a working visa in the category of engineer.

but bear in mind this is all illegal.

because it would be impossible legally, just like what Hatredcopter said.

anyways, this is how i got MY job in japan: 1 year of Japanese, 3 years of diploma in mech eng, 2 years of degree in mech eng, and some vigorous job interviews later, i legally got a job yay!