JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#631 (permalink))
Old
AlexisSalas (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to AlexisSalas
02-23-2011, 02:17 AM

but you need to be christian am i right? if its right i cant cause im catholic :$

Rosetta Stone japanese programs seems to not helped me much...Need help with my japanese, looking for help plz!!
(#632 (permalink))
Old
TrainOfThought (Offline)
JF Regular

02-23-2011, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexisSalas View Post
but you need to be christian am i right? if its right i cant cause im catholic :$
Really OT, and I don't want to turn this thread into a debate about religion, but... isn't catholicism a branch of christianity? Like one of the first?

"Where you invest your love, you invest your life."
Mumford and Sons - Awake My Soul

"We can hope for the future, but there may not be one."
Dream Theater - A Change of Seasons
(#633 (permalink))
Old
AlexisSalas (Offline)
JF Regular

02-24-2011, 02:02 AM

Well yeah i know but you know how religion is catholic, christian, mormon are all the same thing but well you know how people are, so im not sure that a catholic can enter a christian school

Rosetta Stone japanese programs seems to not helped me much...Need help with my japanese, looking for help plz!!
(#634 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-24-2011, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Well yeah i know but you know how religion is catholic, christian, mormon are all the same thing but well you know how people are, so im not sure that a catholic can enter a christian school
I went to a Christian school and shared the classroom with Catholics, Mormons, Jews, Muslims, atheists and more.

They cannot not accept you because you are Catholic.
(#635 (permalink))
Old
lonewolf179 (Offline)
New to JF

02-24-2011, 05:12 AM

Don't worry about that at all, even though it is called International Christian University, i'd say only about 20% of the people here are actually Christian, most of the people i've asked say they have no religion. There are many Catholics here as well, including me, so if that's the only thing you're worried about, it's really not that big of an issue. There are no mandatory church services or anything like that, you only participate if you want to.
(#636 (permalink))
Old
AlexisSalas (Offline)
JF Regular

02-25-2011, 04:05 AM

ohh well is it good, how much time you have in that university, what are you studying, is there a licenciature in lenguage, is it expensive? Where is it located. Sry for this bomb of questions :$ oh and MMM where did you study, do you recomened it?

(#637 (permalink))
Old
tipsygypsy (Offline)
wa gwaaan?

02-25-2011, 04:25 AM

"Graduate from college if you want to live in Japan" I totally agree. Especially for someone who wants to come to Japan as a college student. Japanese kids gotta study as hard as my dick when it's stiff till' they graduate from highschool. 4years of college life here is all about fooling around as a reward for those kids who had studied hard. So, if you wanna be an educated individual, graduate from college in your own country before you come to Japan.
(#638 (permalink))
Old
AlexisSalas (Offline)
JF Regular

02-26-2011, 05:06 AM

Well i really dont know how do you think i am, but as well im really hard working, got good grades and a well paying job (not to mention im 16) im not any kid who wants to live in japan just because the manga, anime, karaokes and some of the best things of the world. I wanna live there cause i love there culture, their history, their lenguage, their food, i love their everything, thats the reason i wanna live there, im not afraid of exesive working, im famlied with it, i work like 50 hours a week(yeah 10 hours per day), i think i can handle some more, i love exersice so walking, running or using bike for transport is awesome, not to mention im in ecology group. So im not any little kid, that hates its family and want to move here cause everything is better, i know its not better, it would probably be worst. So please dont treat me like a kid ok, we need to be more possitive thinking, at least thats the way i think about everything, the only think im asking for is a little information about what papers i need to study and in live in Japan. Thx for ur attention.

(#639 (permalink))
Old
Toiim (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Skype™ to Toiim
03-08-2011, 11:46 PM

I'm planning on going to Japan to be a mangaka. It's a crazy plan but one I'm working on very hard with a Japanese friend and we've been making amateur manga for the last five months. I'm very serious about it.
As a backup, I can teach English.
I am at an international school and am doing the highest level English. I do a curriculum recognized in Japan.
Do I still need to complete university level (You guys call it college) education?

Quote:
Well i really dont know how do you think i am, but as well im really hard working, got good grades and a well paying job (not to mention im 16) im not any kid who wants to live in japan just because the manga, anime, karaokes and some of the best things of the world. I wanna live there cause i love there culture, their history, their lenguage, their food, i love their everything, thats the reason i wanna live there.
Woah, I'm sixteen too. I want to live there for all of your reasons too (I do want to be a mangaka, but I'm not "WOAH I'M TOATZ A JAPANESE OTAKU AND I'M SO COOL KOZ I LIKE MANGA". We have a lot in common. Have you visited Japan before?

Last edited by Toiim : 03-09-2011 at 12:14 AM.
(#640 (permalink))
Old
TrainOfThought (Offline)
JF Regular

03-09-2011, 01:37 AM

First of all I want to say that I have read the "I don't want to live in Japan" thread, and I know Japan isn't a happy place with pink candyfloss clouds where everything is just perfect, and even though I haven't even been to Japan (yet), I think I'd like to live there at some point in life.

So let's say that I go to uni in Sweden to become a preschool teacher (3.5 years, which is what I'm currently aiming for, but it's not set in stone yet). Would it be "enough" or is it more of a "as long as you've graduated from uni" kind of thing?
I know making plans for a future where I live in Japan might sound silly when I haven't even been there, but I do know that I won't be living in Sweden for more than 5-6 more years. Well, I can't know for sure, but... you know... ANYWAYS... moving on.

I've also wondered what kind of jobs I'd be able to get IF I move there. English isn't my native language, so I doubt they'd let me teach English.
I highly doubt my English is good enough for me to be able to teach properly anyway, and I don't think teaching Swedish would be an option either.
What about becoming a preschool teacher in Japan?
Would that even be possible if I reached a certain level of skill in Japanese?
Maybe I'd have to go to a Japanese uni for jobs like that, or maybe they'd just prefer hiring a native instead of some random foreigner? The kids ARE the future after all.

Going waaay OT now...
I've had an interest in Japan for over 10 years, and the more I learn about Japan (both the good and the bad stuff) the more interested I get, but for some reason I didn't start studying Japanese until just recently (about a month ago).
Have any of you heard about a program called Human Japanese 2?
That's what I've been using so far, and it really helped me learning hiragana. The rest of it seems legit as well, but I can't be sure since I don't know the language.
Unlearning something can be just as hard as learning something, if not harder, so I want to make sure I get it right from the start.

I'm also thinking about starting a thread inspired by "KyleGoetz's Thread of Questions" where I could ask questions just like he does (obviously it'll be beginner stuff) since I know there will be loads of them, and seeing how nice and helpful most of the people on here are I think someone might be kind enough to help a newb as well.. maybe?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the wall of text!

"Where you invest your love, you invest your life."
Mumford and Sons - Awake My Soul

"We can hope for the future, but there may not be one."
Dream Theater - A Change of Seasons