JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
JoshAussie (Offline)
わかりません

TokyoCooney - 06-02-2008, 05:07 AM

Hi everyone,

Iv made this thread for anyone that hasnt discovered the wonderful world of TokyoCooney

for those of you who dont know TokyoCooney is a "Vloger" on Youtube his been living in japan for 6 years now and is a stand up comedian and writer

apart from being a very very funny guy his videos are great to watch as all of his videos (apart from maybe video#1) are filmed outside usually in the streets of tokyo but sometimes in other places too depending on what his doing

his a really nice guy iv messaged him a few times over Youtube to ask some questions and he messaged me back everytime with a helpful answer

sometimes when a few people write to him and ask him the same thing like (the cost of living in japan) he will make a vlog to answer the question so heres the link to his "cost of living in japan" vlog

YouTube - F.Y.I. Tokyo: Cost of Living

im sure many of you know of TokyoCooney but i thought it would be good idea to share on JF for anyone that didnt know about him

so please take the time to go check out his vlogs its definately worth it

heres links to his youtube account and personal Website

Youtube

YouTube - tokyocooney's Channel

Website

Here is Japan

Thx

JoshAussie
(#2 (permalink))
Old
tommasi (Offline)
West Tokyo Native

06-02-2008, 06:30 AM

Yea, I've been following TokyoCooney for about 2 years now and his videos are great!!

I think it would be extremely useful for those who are thinking about moving to Japan because you will get to see actual footages and his view on often brought up issues such as visa, housing, cost of living, and etc...

I highly recommend everyone to watch his vids even just for fun.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
x08 (Offline)
New to JF

06-10-2008, 01:37 AM

*thumbs up* Very good videos... and what he says about English teachers in the FYI video for work.... is SOOOOOOo true. *glares at a few phone numbers* Can't begin to count the number of teachers I've seen who weren't dedicated.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
JoshAussie (Offline)
わかりません

06-10-2008, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x08 View Post
*thumbs up* Very good videos... and what he says about English teachers in the FYI video for work.... is SOOOOOOo true. *glares at a few phone numbers* Can't begin to count the number of teachers I've seen who weren't dedicated.
Yeah Kevin is great, glad you enjoyed the Vlogs
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Soup045 (Offline)
JF Regular

06-16-2008, 12:04 AM

I like TokyoCooney! Awesome vids!
(#6 (permalink))
Old
JoshAussie (Offline)
わかりません

07-11-2008, 03:20 AM

So im gona start updating this thread everytime Kevin Uploads a new Vlog as i believe its a Great Resource for people interested in living in Japan, it would suck to let it die as Kevins Videos are so great and there might be new members and some old ones who havent seen any of his Vids,

that said i think his uploaded 3 since i First Opened this thread so ill list them all in this post.

TokyoCooney Turns Two

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7w7UCvXep0

Philippine Culture Festival

YouTube - Life in Tokyo: Vlog #56 Philippine Culture Festival

Survivng Japanese TV

YouTube - Life in Tokyo #57: Surviving Japanese TV

Enjoy !
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Clix14 (Offline)
New to JF

07-13-2008, 12:16 AM

I just gotta say thanks for posting the links.

I really enjoyed watching most of his vlogs. I like how he covers such a great range of topics about living in Japan. I also liked watching some of the vlogs that TokyoCooney recommended. Forget what vlog number it was, but he has a pretty big list of other vloggers that live in japan. It's pretty interesting to see how different some people's opinions are based on their personal experiences.

Anyway, thanks again, I appreciate it.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
JoshAussie (Offline)
わかりません

07-13-2008, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clix14 View Post
I just gotta say thanks for posting the links.

I really enjoyed watching most of his vlogs. I like how he covers such a great range of topics about living in Japan. I also liked watching some of the vlogs that TokyoCooney recommended. Forget what vlog number it was, but he has a pretty big list of other vloggers that live in japan. It's pretty interesting to see how different some people's opinions are based on their personal experiences.

Anyway, thanks again, I appreciate it.
ah no problem!

Kevin is really great i love his vlogs (kevin is tokyocooney btw )

ill keep this thread alive by posting a new link for everytime he posts a new vlog

(did you see the ice cream city? the very first one.. thats so funny... made me laugh so hard )
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Clix14 (Offline)
New to JF

07-13-2008, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshAussie View Post
ah no problem!

Kevin is really great i love his vlogs (kevin is tokyocooney btw )

ill keep this thread alive by posting a new link for everytime he posts a new vlog

(did you see the ice cream city? the very first one.. thats so funny... made me laugh so hard )
haha yeah. Pretty gross but very funny.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
JoshAussie (Offline)
わかりません

07-24-2008, 02:27 AM

New Tokyocooney Vlog
Added: July 23, 2008

Fish Are Our Friends

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C2UbWfQgIk

Description:
I spent the day, or rather I should say night into morning at Tsukiji Market. I think I still smell like fish with the amount of gore I got on me. There were a lot of great experiences and while i had about 2 hours of footage I finally got it down to the appropriate 10 minute YouTube limit. Kind of hard to explain it all, so I hope it makes sense.

I was lucky to be a part of some of the behind the scenes stuff as I was there in a work capacity for another job. So, no... they probably wont let you do some of the stuff I was lucky enough to get to do. But many parts of the market are open to the public including the Tuna auction, and some parts of the wholesale market area.

I highly recommend a visit if you are ever in Tokyo.