JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
wanderersabaku (Offline)
New to JF

06-13-2008, 11:10 AM

I don't think you'd be very successful trying to find a music/production school in Japan. Plenty of business schools though. Have you considered staying with an American university and then using a program such as ISEP to fulfill a year or so of your degree's studies overseas? That's what I'm doing. I do music/theatre/business, but most of my business schooling is going to be done overseas for the education, cultural experience, and possibility of international networking. You never know.

Also for the drunks thing, I heard a few exchange programs. I guess it depends on the people really, because I remember being told a story from an exchange student where they made some friends and had a bit of a party to start off the year but kind of got in trouble for being loud; bad way to start off representing America. ;P
(#12 (permalink))
Old
tommasi (Offline)
West Tokyo Native

06-13-2008, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShintoCanadianmale View Post
do Japanese universities have problems with drunks like the American universities?
Unlike American universities, on campus drinking does not take place since nobody lives on campus.

So as long as you don't get arrested for public disturbance or something, you will be fine.

But the police would be biased if foreigners get into trouble.

They would assume that you caused it and it's like a walking right into the trap.

Be careful and keep it moderate.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

06-13-2008, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai13 View Post
My area is exactly that one, A, I'm in the 11th grade, in Social Sciences and Humanities. My subjects are:

-portuguese
-History
-Sociology (I'm gonna have it in the 12th grade)
-Physical Education
-Spanish
-AP ("área de projecto", projects area )
_________
-Geography (not anymore, in the 12th grade that subject ends)
-english (same as geograpy)
-Philosofy (same)

At the university I'll learn the japanese culture and language and the chinese as well. Do you think I could apply to that schollarship?

The master degree years, two years, will be spent learning only chinese, and not japanese, will I not forget japanese? I' afraid so :s

that's alot of subjects, are you sure you can handle it. i know that you want to do the best you possible can, but it's best to pick one to focus on because that means, you get the full value of your experiances, socially and academically.

Plus, if you are to learn japanese, you'll have to attend international classes, so unless you're fluent in japanese, the lessons will be harderto understand because the professors for the subject you're interested in learning in may not be able to speak fluent/understandable english.

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Kai13 (Offline)
あゆ

Send a message via Skype™ to Kai13
06-14-2008, 08:41 AM

The subjects I mentioned are the current ones that I have at school. I will not have them at the university (where I'll have 6 subjects, including japanese, mandarim, histoy of both countries and some other related to those countries as well).

In japan, if I were to go to a japanese university I would only go if I spoke the language fluently, otherwise I wouldn't.

Instead of applying a schollarship, I think I will stat working as a translator, but don't know, it still is to early, when the time comes, I shall have even more opportunities, hopefuly.

But thanks! ^^

自分のブログ!
見てみてください。
(#15 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

06-17-2008, 02:44 PM

=_=
I meant 2 languages....

Languages are interesting and fun, but its a heavy load if you want to study two- especially if you're not fluent.

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Kai13 (Offline)
あゆ

Send a message via Skype™ to Kai13
06-17-2008, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xYinniex View Post
=_=
I meant 2 languages....

Languages are interesting and fun, but its a heavy load if you want to study two- especially if you're not fluent.
gah! XD

Well, yo're right, but I'll try my best, I know some students who told me the same. That's why I've been self teaching (okay, learning ;P) japanese at home.

自分のブログ!
見てみてください。