JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
06-12-2008, 03:35 PM

The style of the house in the first picture is really an older country-style home. Not uncommon, but most of them are old and falling apart unless the family has quite a bit of money. (My husband`s family has a house vaguely similar in size to this, but without the grounds because it`s wedged between the ocean and a mountain. They run a traditional inn.)

The second is a pretty common style of, well, older city house. They`re all over the place, most built in the 60s and 70s.

The third is a "modern" style suburb type house. Shin-chan`s family is definitely 勝ち組. I`d say it`s 90s or later in style.

People with pet dogs walk them. Even people who do have large garden spaces almost NEVER let their dogs run about loose in them. It`s sort of an obligation to walk the dog so many times a day.
Garages are fairly rare. Most people park their car in a space in the corner of their grounds, or even out on the street in front of the house. In the big big cities, car ownership isn`t incredibly common with renters... But if you own your house, chances are you own a car too.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
EveV (Offline)
Flee from hate.

Send a message via MSN to EveV Send a message via Yahoo to EveV
06-13-2008, 12:04 AM

Alot of times when you watch movies or anime.
Inside the house for walls they have those screens.

In my own house we actually have similar ones to separate the dining room and sitting room.... aren't those a little to unprivate for someones actual bed room? o.O

Do they just deal with it or do most homes have real walls these days?

"The sky is cryin...
Can't you see the tears roll down the street?"
- Stevie Ray Vaughan
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
06-13-2008, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveV View Post
Alot of times when you watch movies or anime.
Inside the house for walls they have those screens.

In my own house we actually have similar ones to separate the dining room and sitting room.... aren't those a little to unprivate for someones actual bed room? o.O

Do they just deal with it or do most homes have real walls these days?
Even in older houses, you have walls. Those are usually used to partition off a larger space into rooms if the need arises.

The types that are used for walls are different than those in your picture, and are considerably heavier and thicker. But even then, unless you live in an OLD house, you have normal walls between the rooms.

As for the thickness of the walls and the privacy they provide... The newer the house, the better.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
jurianbai (Offline)
Aselian

06-13-2008, 12:33 AM

1. etique and how to move inside the house

btw, I guess sofas , chairs are not popular as interior meubels since everybody is sitting in japanese style. so, is it true that a host still sitting and give a welcome bow to guest when opening the door?

2. tatami
also I learn that japanese use "tatami" as a proportion to create a room. i mean there will be a room like 3x3 tatamis or 4x5 tatamis. this is why japanese room typical a square shape.

3. japanese term
is there any specific term for guest room, bedroom, living room in japanese?

Last edited by jurianbai : 06-13-2008 at 12:35 AM.