View Single Post
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
06-12-2008, 03:35 PM

The style of the house in the first picture is really an older country-style home. Not uncommon, but most of them are old and falling apart unless the family has quite a bit of money. (My husband`s family has a house vaguely similar in size to this, but without the grounds because it`s wedged between the ocean and a mountain. They run a traditional inn.)

The second is a pretty common style of, well, older city house. They`re all over the place, most built in the 60s and 70s.

The third is a "modern" style suburb type house. Shin-chan`s family is definitely 勝ち組. I`d say it`s 90s or later in style.

People with pet dogs walk them. Even people who do have large garden spaces almost NEVER let their dogs run about loose in them. It`s sort of an obligation to walk the dog so many times a day.
Garages are fairly rare. Most people park their car in a space in the corner of their grounds, or even out on the street in front of the house. In the big big cities, car ownership isn`t incredibly common with renters... But if you own your house, chances are you own a car too.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.