JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Ivo (Offline)
New to JF

How to make Japanese friends? - 06-30-2008, 07:51 AM

Hello everyone,

I just arrived to Hakodate and I will be taking an intensive Japanese language course here in the summer.
I would like to make friends with Japanese university students and practice speaking with them (at the same time I'd be very happy to teach them English or other languages that I can speak). I am not looking for dating and I do not want to look for friends in bars.

Are there any popular Japanese websites (similar to craigslist in the U.S.) where one could advertise for a particular location and have a real chance of meeting someone? I can post in Japanese .

Any other advice as how to make friends with Japanese students?

Thank you,

ivo
(#2 (permalink))
Old
jrocka83 (Offline)
Gaikokujin

Send a message via Yahoo to jrocka83 Send a message via Skype™ to jrocka83
07-09-2008, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo View Post
Hello everyone,

I just arrived to Hakodate and I will be taking an intensive Japanese language course here in the summer.
I would like to make friends with Japanese university students and practice speaking with them (at the same time I'd be very happy to teach them English or other languages that I can speak). I am not looking for dating and I do not want to look for friends in bars.

Are there any popular Japanese websites (similar to craigslist in the U.S.) where one could advertise for a particular location and have a real chance of meeting someone? I can post in Japanese .

Thank you,

ivo
Why don't you get to know the other students at your school? Ask them to go out for dinner or karioke? Im sure you won't have any problems making friends there.

J
(#3 (permalink))
Old
sannzoku (Offline)
New to JF

07-09-2008, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Hello everyone,

Thank you,

ivo
yes , you could find some JP classroom in your city set by volunteers.
http://u-biq.org/volunteerTohoku2.html

which city are u in

札幌市
Sapporo
札幌市
Sapporo
札幌市
Sapporo
札幌市
Sapporo
小樽市
Otaru
函館市
Hakodate
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-09-2008, 01:12 PM

Join an activities group or "circle". These circles exist for just about every sport or popular subject. Ask around for info about what circles there are, and if you can be introduced to any members.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
tipsygypsy (Offline)
wa gwaaan?

03-05-2011, 07:29 PM

buy me a glass of beer. we're friends then.

Jah Rastafaaari. Yeah pasta for life
(#6 (permalink))
Old
masaegu (Offline)
永遠の愛

03-06-2011, 02:28 AM

Quote:

I don't get it.

Why would you rely on Internet to look for Japanese friends when you are already living in Hakodate, where 99% of the residensts are Japanese?
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Sakusakusakura (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to Sakusakusakura
03-07-2011, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangetsu View Post
Join an activities group or "circle". These circles exist for just about every sport or popular subject. Ask around for info about what circles there are, and if you can be introduced to any members.
I agree with Sangetsu. Actually, that worked for me

It is a good way to practice something you like and meet people at the same time. As you are supposed to love the same thing (sports, music or whatever) it is also easier to find a first topic to speak about !