LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
Henbaka (Offline)
Dark Passenger

07-07-2008, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Calling someone a racist and pointing out a statement they made can be percieved as racist is two very very different things.
Yes. But you didn't "point out a statement they made can be percieved as racist". You said his statement _was_ "incredibly racist".

And if you think what a person says is racist, doesn't that make you think that he/she is racist?

なんでやねん!
(#42 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-07-2008, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henbaka View Post
Yes. But you didn't "point out a statement they made can be percieved as racist". You said his statement _was_ "incredibly racist".

And if you think what a person says is racist, doesn't that make you think that he/she is racist?
I said his statement was racist. Not that Amnell is racist. Two different things.

I don't know Amnell well enough to make an accuscation like that. So the answer to your question is no.

I think this issue is done.
(#43 (permalink))
Old
Henbaka (Offline)
Dark Passenger

07-07-2008, 10:27 PM

Um ok. Issue done then. But I really dunno, to me a person saying racist things would actually be a racist. Maybe it's different where you're from though..

なんでやねん!
(#44 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
07-11-2008, 10:47 AM

Why is there so much controversy over Amnell's words? o.O You guys are in serious need for some distraction... What he said makes perfect sense, no one wants to travel half the globe to end up hearing people speak a language you hear all the time when at home.

However, it's true that the title of the thread might have come off a bit offensive cause it sounds as if he wants to avoid Mexicans at all costs. But anyways, as MMM pointed out, nowadays it is hard to find a single spot on Earth that's not been approached by all living cultures, so it's stupid to ask whether whatever culture can be found in whatever place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
I think Spain is a beautiful country, but I don't like going there because I seem to see more english people than spanish people. It defeats the point of a cultural experience.
True. It's crazy. I swear, when going out at night I always end up talking in English way more than Spanish or Catalan. It's kinda sad because that way, English-speakers get used to not making the effort to speak the language of the place they're in, but whatever.

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#45 (permalink))
Old
marisoru (Offline)
New to JF

07-19-2008, 05:39 AM

i get it you are not reisist you just dont like spanish get it
sorry you have to sheare your contry with us

(#46 (permalink))
Old
OffbeatChris (Offline)
New to JF

07-22-2008, 09:16 AM

wouldn't mind for some Albaro's, Alberto's, Alvaro's, Cuca's, Pepe's, etc etc etc Carne Asada Burrito.... omfg....

And stop bithcin' like lil' cybernerds and rejoice and share the love of the Carne Asada Burrito!!!!!

Get some House Music in ur life...

http://www.johndigweed.com/v3.html
(#47 (permalink))
Old
Rogozhin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-22-2008, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffbeatChris View Post
wouldn't mind for some Albaro's, Alberto's, Alvaro's, Cuca's, Pepe's, etc etc etc Carne Asada Burrito.... omfg....

And stop bithcin' like lil' cybernerds and rejoice and share the love of the Carne Asada Burrito!!!!!

Oh shi...! Due to the recent spate of troll attacks, my heart skips a beat everytime I hit an image that a member posted up.

Anyway, that burrito does look delicious. It's too late for me to eat though.