JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
jodan692007 (Offline)
New to JF

Need Some Advice - 07-02-2008, 02:00 PM

i am planning on moving to japan, but do not know were abouts in japan, which part of japan would be good to live in.
i can speak about 50-200 words in japanese and still learning.
would it be easy to find a job with a welding ticket.
i also have i hope enough money saved up to survive untill i can find a job.

any ideas would help me greatly, or experiance living there to

thnx
(#2 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

07-02-2008, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodan692007 View Post
i am planning on moving to japan, but do not know were abouts in japan, which part of japan would be good to live in.

thnx
1. You really shouldn't just move there without knowing anything about the country already.

2. You should find a job first and get sponsorship, then you will know where to live

3. It jumps out to me that you "just want to move" and don't know how or anything about it, so my suggestion will be to do more research first

4. Most of us cannot help you unless you give us more specific: What do you want to do, what is your profession etc

There are several other threads that talk about moving to Japan, getting a job there and also the "move" itself... do a search and you should be able to find all the info you are looking for
(#3 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-02-2008, 05:50 PM

Quote:

thnx
If you are planning on moving then you are married to a Japanese or have a sponsor for your work visa, right?
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Wasabista (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-04-2008, 11:00 AM

If by "welding ticket" you mean you are a certified welder, you will not be able to find employment in Japan as there are enough Japanese welders to go around.
May I suggest you inquire in the oil patch? They are in constant need of good tradesmen, particularly welders, pay VERY well and travel all over the world. Not to Japan, but many other parts of Asia and other continents too.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
jodan692007 (Offline)
New to JF

07-07-2008, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
If you are planning on moving then you are married to a Japanese or have a sponsor for your work visa, right?
by the end of the summer i will be married to one. and was planning on moving there because of the rest of her family.. and for work im able to to pretty much anything that im classified for.. and probly to get an oil patch i need to go to edmonton ablerta. to get mine.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

07-07-2008, 12:50 PM

Quote:
by the end of the summer i will be married to one. and was planning on moving there because of the rest of her family.. and for work im able to to pretty much anything that im classified for.. and probly to get an oil patch i need to go to edmonton ablerta. to get mine.
By marrying Japanese you will be able to stay in Japan, but I think your approach should really be to find a job first then decide where to live. I think the strategy to "find a city with jobs" doesn't work in this case
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Henbaka (Offline)
Dark Passenger

07-07-2008, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
By marrying Japanese you will be able to stay in Japan, but I think your approach should really be to find a job first then decide where to live. I think the strategy to "find a city with jobs" doesn't work in this case
I guess that's not a real alternative for many in this world though, don't you think?

なんでやねん!
(#8 (permalink))
Old
jrocka83 (Offline)
Gaikokujin

Send a message via Yahoo to jrocka83 Send a message via Skype™ to jrocka83
07-07-2008, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Save some money, enough to rent an Apartment and living expenses for a few months, then find a Job. You will need about 10K. Plan on spending 5k just to move in, for furnishing and instalment payments. You can live off of 1K a month in Japan. It will be very easy once are are there under a Spouse Visa. Companies will higher you faster if you are already there. Going to Japan on a working visa is hard. Getting a spouse visa is easy. They will give to you visa Customes when you arive, you must be with your wife at that time. You will have no problem renewing your visa as long as you don't get into any legal trouble.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

07-07-2008, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henbaka View Post
I guess that's not a real alternative for many in this world though, don't you think?
I think the strategy will work for your own local country, but if you are moving to a foreign country, it will be hard, you don't know where and what each city has to offer... Or unless, you only care about "just a job" then you can move anywhere and just find any kind of jobs thats willing to hire you, thats a different story.....
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Henbaka (Offline)
Dark Passenger

07-07-2008, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
I think the strategy will work for your own local country, but if you are moving to a foreign country, it will be hard, you don't know where and what each city has to offer... Or unless, you only care about "just a job" then you can move anywhere and just find any kind of jobs thats willing to hire you, thats a different story.....
Hm yeah. Well if you really try then yeah, it'll probably work in your country. I got the vibe from the OP that he was moving to Japan because he's getting married and all, and just needs a job.

なんでやねん!