JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
nebelkraehe (Offline)
New to JF

Tokyo Stories - who has something to contribute? =) - 07-07-2008, 08:47 AM

Hi, my name is Tina and I am an Design student/freelancer from Germany currently working on my diploma project.

Hopefully some of you here can help me. =)

Here's the gist of the matter:

I am trying to do an illustrated Book about Tokyo/Japan, since I spent one year there and found it an fascinating and controversial city
which is well worth in exploring through illustration.
Main parts of the book will be focused on really big illustrations depicting all the stuff you can find when you look closer as well as
the main impression this town makes on you when you get there first.

Now, I plan on maybe enhancing it and not only tell my - but maybe yours, our - view on the city: "Tokyo Stories"

And that's where I need helP:

I am looking for people who are willing to contribute their story to the book. Anything is worth illustration: It can be a short statement, a funny/strange/sad story,
an essay, a first impression, an interview... if you have something, that you experienced in Tokyo and would like to share, I would be glad to have it in the book.
- maybe it ill even be published someday =) Then of course,
I'll see to it that everyone who helped me get this done will get his reward. As far as now, I can only assure your, that your name/e-mail/?? will be in the book.

For further contact, be free to mail me:

tina @electracks.de

I would be soo happy if those of you, who share my interest in this amazing town would help me to get this done.

Hugs and kisses,

Tina
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Henbaka (Offline)
Dark Passenger

07-07-2008, 09:32 AM

Hehe. I sure have a few fun stories, I can try write something down later.

I'm sort of curious though, how will you even know if the stories you might get are true?

なんでやねん!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
nebelkraehe (Offline)
New to JF

07-07-2008, 12:21 PM

good question. actually, i can't know for sure. i don't really plan to either. ;D

living there showed me, how many strange and funny things this town has to offer so as far as the stories are concerned - the stranger the merrier *g*

of course, i also hope on some more complex and multilayered statements as well.

and as mentioned in the original post - i would also love to have something more controversial in the book as well, since i came to japan with quite dewy-eyed love for the country but in this year matured a lot and now having a much more distinct view on the whole country.