LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

07-08-2008, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrocka83 View Post
Of course I don't believe its in the water. Thats an old saying man.. "It must be in the Water" Common, don't come after me like I am so dull that I believe in something like that.
Of course its the Make up, and the city of course, girls tend to care more about there looks in the city.

Just trying to express me admiration for tokyo girls. There Awsome.

I know, whats all the hype over ten people waiting in line. Maybe it will get larger as time gets closer, like Sanchome said.

However, I would suspect that most Japanese would just wait untill it is available at their local dealer.
Sorry buddy, english wasn't my first language, so the "Old Saying" thing didn't really registered, I didn't mean it in a mean way, because there really are people who believe that water from a different place makes you look better, at least here it does.

As for the make up part, it is true that you see that more around the Tokyo area, but I did see similar style quite a bit around Osaka, but you are right, its a city thing....

As for the iPhone, outside of touchscreen (which is probably very common now anyways), it doesn't offer any thing "cool" outside of whats offered by the phones thats available locally in Japan, so that probably explain why.

Its cool in NA because we starve technology here
(#12 (permalink))
Old
jrocka83 (Offline)
Gaikokujin

Send a message via Yahoo to jrocka83 Send a message via Skype™ to jrocka83
07-09-2008, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangetsu View Post
For the most part, they aren't that interested in it, just the usual Japanese interest in new or different things. There are still lines at the Krispy Kreme stores, and their donuts are terrible.

The Iphone can't even do 1/3 of what my Docomo Foma phone can do, the only thing it has going for it is style, and the fact that it costs much less than most of the phones sold here.
Foma rocks, plus the TV in the phone. Great thing to have when waiting at the train station or in a line somewhere.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
jrocka83 (Offline)
Gaikokujin

07-09-2008, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post

As for the iPhone, outside of touchscreen (which is probably very common now anyways), it doesn't offer any thing "cool" outside of whats offered by the phones thats available locally in Japan, so that probably explain why.

Its cool in NA because we starve technology here
True... Then phone I have now, has TV, Video Phone, Internet, Bar code reader, Camerea, Infered Port, Mini SD, MP3 player, Games, Software. I can also use it as a credit card, and view security camers from home onto my phone.

DoCoMo D7O4i
(#14 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

07-09-2008, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrocka83 View Post
True... Then phone I have now, has TV, Video Phone, Internet, Bar code reader, Camerea, Infered Port, Mini SD, MP3 player, Games, Software. I can also use it as a credit card, and view security camers from home onto my phone.

DoCoMo D7O4i

See, thats exactly my point Phone that does all that have been in Japan since a while ago. The previous company I work for design multimeda IC (computer chips) for cell phone, our customer are 2 of the major cell phone company in north america, when I left 2 years ago, I was still working on a project that allow cellphone to pick up live broadcast, and that was the latest greatest for north america, nobody bas it, everyone was execited and stuff....

iphone is a cool idea only here in north america and some part of asia that still operates off the GSM network, otherwise anything it offers is OLD
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-09-2008, 01:55 PM

Here's my phone. My GF got it for me for Christmas. I like the GPS and navigation features, they are really handy for helping me find my way around here. The only drawback is that phones here are expensive now. The 905i cost more than $500 out-the-door.

(#16 (permalink))
Old
jrocka83 (Offline)
Gaikokujin

07-10-2008, 09:17 AM

Update: Then line now has 100 people in it, and the Iphone will be released tomorrow.

<iPhone>発売前日 行列100人越える

好きです福岡。

-"The proper name for a foriegner in Japan is gaikokujin. Being called a gaijin is like being called a nigger"
私わ外国人。 外人とよばないれ、これわ差別です。
(#17 (permalink))
Old
jrocka83 (Offline)
Gaikokujin

07-10-2008, 02:43 PM

Just watched on the news. Acording to Fuji Television Nipon News, there are now 1,000 people waiting in line .

好きです福岡。

-"The proper name for a foriegner in Japan is gaikokujin. Being called a gaijin is like being called a nigger"
私わ外国人。 外人とよばないれ、これわ差別です。
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Sanchome (Offline)
JF Old Timer

iPhone Japan Line Photos - 07-10-2008, 06:42 PM

I went by the Omotesando Softbank shop in Tokyo again today and the iPhone 3G line is definitely quite long, and wide. There are a lot of television reporters out there as well. I posted a few photos in the gallery section in case anyone is interested. Here is the link: Japan iPhone Launch Pics

Most Famous Guys in Japan This Week (the front of the line)

Omotesando Store Line - Lots of Apple Fans

iPhone Fan With Mohawk Being Interviewed

Shibuya Store with iPhone Numbers in Front

A few more pics and large sizes of these photos in the iPhone gallery.

Good luck to anyone in Japan hoping to get an iPhone tomorrow!