JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Living in Japan (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/living-japan/)
-   -   Favorite regions of Japan (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/living-japan/21278-favorite-regions-japan.html)

MMM 12-02-2008 09:21 PM

Favorite regions of Japan

What is your favorite region of Japan and why?

Sparhawk 12-02-2008 09:29 PM

I spent 4 years in and around Yokosuka with many many trips to Toyko and surrounding area. I love that area. There are so many places to visit. I quickly became a master at the Train system, so getting around was second nature.
Living in a Japanese house, getting know my neighbors was great. i guess that's why I like the area so much. It's a personal attachment:cool:

I had friends who lived in Sasebo and after spending some time there, I was ready to come back to Toyko. I enjoyed it more than down south.

Sinestra 12-02-2008 09:45 PM

I chose Kansai although i only spent a week there i had a lot of fun. I love history and most of all i love Japanese history and Kansai is deeply rooted in it. Of course Osaka and Kyoto are the two most popular cities which pretty much everyone has heard of. I found the people in Osaka a lot more polite and easier to approach then in Tokyo thats not to say people in Tokyo are not polite and but i had more conversations with people in Osaka that i didnt know than i did in Tokyo.

Also, The Kansai region houses some of Japan's most beautiful and historic land marks including the Hōryū-ji (worlds largest wooden structure), the Nintoku Tomb (worlds largest burial mound) Plus my personal favorite Osaka Castle but we can throw Nintendo in there two lol.

I guess i just like all the history once can access in the region. When you see things like those it makes you feel just how young the U.S. is compared to Japan.

MMM you didnt mention yours?

MMM 12-02-2008 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinestra (Post 637275)
MMM you didnt mention yours?

I didn't want to influence anyone....yet.

Sinestra 12-03-2008 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 637367)
I didn't want to influence anyone....yet.

LMAO i see but damn i wish people would think for themselves for once. Its hard being the papa bear around isnt it?:D

Hatredcopter 12-03-2008 02:14 AM

Chubu.

名古屋はええよ!

After my stint in Touhoku, I'd really like to move back there.

MMM 12-03-2008 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinestra (Post 637514)
LMAO i see but damn i wish people would think for themselves for once. Its hard being the papa bear around isnt it?:D

More like being seen as the big bad wolf...but I digress...

I did put my vote in.

Kitsuneko 12-03-2008 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 637268)
What is your favorite region of Japan and why?

I've been in Kyushu most, I guess, and am still homesick for Saga and Kumamoto (the Japanese side of my family is from that area).

Spent a little time in Narita but didn't care much for it. I guess I like inaka better.

MMM 12-03-2008 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsuneko (Post 637540)
I've been in Kyushu most, I guess, and am still homesick for Saga and Kumamoto (the Japanese side of my family is from that area).

Spent a little time in Narita but didn't care much for it. I guess I like inaka better.

I was only in Kyushu once, but was really impressed. I would love to go back again.

Nagoyankee 12-03-2008 07:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I guess my username says it all. :D

Go Chubu! Go Nagoya! :vsign: