JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Living in Japan (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/living-japan/)
-   -   Favorite regions of Japan (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/living-japan/21278-favorite-regions-japan.html)

Firebird 12-03-2008 12:41 PM

Well in have only been in Kanto, Hokkaido and Tohoku so far and will travel the rest next year.
Anyway i voted for Tohoku. That is probably also personal because ive met great people there. And Tohoku has some great places to be! Hokkaido would follow shortly after and than Kanto.

xYinniex 12-03-2008 12:45 PM

I WANT TO GO TO HOKKAIDO.[sadly haven't been]
Seafooood/ <3
FOOOD/<3

lollijenn 12-04-2008 02:19 AM

i picked okinawa... but im biased.. i lived there

Kandierain15 12-05-2008 12:51 AM

I perfer Okinawa. It's really pretty there. ^_^

MMM 12-05-2008 06:24 AM

I never expected Hokkaido to be "winning"...though it certainly is a beautiful part of the country.

Nyororin 12-05-2008 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 638876)
I never expected Hokkaido to be "winning"...though it certainly is a beautiful part of the country.

I have this vague feeling that it also has to do with familiarity of the name. Hokkaido is always called Hokkaido - but you don`t hear the others quite as often. (At least, if you`re outside of Japan.)

MMM 12-05-2008 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyororin (Post 638882)
I have this vague feeling that it also has to do with familiarity of the name. Hokkaido is always called Hokkaido - but you don`t hear the others quite as often. (At least, if you`re outside of Japan.)

You might be right. Okinawa has a lot of votes too.

Obviously this isn't scientific.

I wonder if people know that Akihabara is in Kanto.

samurai007 12-05-2008 07:38 AM

It may also be a lot of people who've never been to Japan just always hear about how beautiful Hokkaido is supposed to be, or they see pictures of the ice sculpture contest, etc, and so are voting for it.

SSJup81 12-05-2008 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samurai007 (Post 638893)
It may also be a lot of people who've never been to Japan just always hear about how beautiful Hokkaido is supposed to be, or they see pictures of the ice sculpture contest, etc, and so are voting for it.

Some people might just like the weather there in general. Of course I can't vote here since I've never lived in Japan, but if going by climate and weather alone, I could see me voting for a place like Hokkaido or maybe Tohoku, since I could see me adapting easier there compared to places like the Kanto region or Kansai or Okinawa, etc., which has very very hot, humid summers. It's just that places like Hokkaido are cooler in comparison.

samurai007 12-05-2008 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSJup81 (Post 638899)
Some people might just like the weather there in general. Of course I can't vote here since I've never lived in Japan, but if going by climate and weather alone, I could see me voting for a place like Hokkaido or maybe Tohoku, since I could see me adapting easier there compared to places like the Kanto region or Kansai or Okinawa, etc., which has very very hot, humid summers. It's just that places like Hokkaido are cooler in comparison.

Cooler in summer, but freezing cold with tons of snow in winter. At least the Kansai area rarely gets much snow except in the mountains. And you can even get away with wearing short sleeves in winter in Kyushu or Okinawa, on the warmer days.