JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
disfunkd (Offline)
New to JF

my dream to live in japan - 12-24-2008, 12:34 AM

hello everyone my name is jason, i am 23 years old and for roughly 7 years now i have dreamed of living in japan oneday, im currently engaged to a really nice girl and i have a mortgage in lincoln uk. ive come to the end of my comptia networking + course and i am preparing to do my exam. After this i will start studying cisco networking. to cut to the chase. i plan to in the future break up with my fiancee and leave my country for japan. all she wants is marriage and kids and i want so much more than that. i know i would not be happy if i got married to this woman and had kids with her .. I would feel empty and numb with it all i think.
Since i was a kid i was fascinated with everything japanese. It started of with the usual suspects japanese manga anime and then japanese films documenaries history programs etc. i crave the big city lifestyle and all the hustle and bustle. the fact i think japan is responsible for the most beautiful women in the world, is only a small factor in my decision to oneday move to japan
From what i gather and have seen on tv and in books japan is a beautiful country with so many varried landscapes incredible skiing and hot beaches. i really want to start learning japanese and if it wasnt for meeting my current fiancee. i would have gone to japan already, i had planned to travel to the kichijoji language school in tokyo .. alass i took a different route in my life.

Im sure japan has its flaws and im sure i have overhyped japan in my own mind. but to me personally. japan seams a whole world away from the rest of the demomcratic countries

im also obsessed with the underground racing scenes in japan aswell.. i would part with my own mother for a nissam skyline r34 GTR with 50k to put under the hood.

i would love to hear from anyone who has made the move to japan and anyone living in japan tell me your stories of inspiration. i would trade everything i have here for a 1 bed apartment in tokyo with a nice networking job with a little cash in my pocket

thanks for reading
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Keaton421 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-24-2008, 12:40 AM

If you crave hot beaches with beautiful water, go to Jamaica

Ditching everything you have and hitting the road is a dream many men have.

If you don't speak Japanese, you'll have difficulty living in Japan or getting a tech job. Do you have a college degree? My advice would be to try out the JET program first. It would give you a good opportunity to pick up some much-needed Japanese, and you might even find you dislike being in Japan more than your engagement

Oh! I wish I was in the land of Ramen
Otaku there are not downtrodden
Kawaii! Kawaii! Kawaii, Desu Ne!

MAXIMUM VIPER
Defender of the Scholar, Scourge of the Otaku, Savior of Japan
(#3 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-24-2008, 12:42 AM

i think your off your rocker if your gonna throw away and engagement for moving to japan?

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Keaton421 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-24-2008, 12:48 AM

Well he did say he's not currently happy with his. And I'm assuming that if he's a real man, he's talked about this with his fiancee, worked his hands to the bone to make things better, and if it's unfixable, he should be prepared to break off the engagement in a mature, gentlemanly way.

If all that's true, can't blame the guy for wanting a lady with a Japanese face

Oh! I wish I was in the land of Ramen
Otaku there are not downtrodden
Kawaii! Kawaii! Kawaii, Desu Ne!

MAXIMUM VIPER
Defender of the Scholar, Scourge of the Otaku, Savior of Japan
(#5 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)

12-24-2008, 12:53 AM

im too tired to comment.. cant think of anything funny to say.

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Arikado (Offline)
Elegant Rocker

Send a message via AIM to Arikado Send a message via MSN to Arikado
12-24-2008, 01:00 AM

Gonna agree with Keat on this one. If he's that determined, and he's seriously serious about breaking off his engagement due to his unhappy outlook on the relationship, fine. Just don't go taking a sledgehammer to her heart. Although...willing to part with your own mother for a car? D: Damn...

Member of the Metal Club
"Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon and star" -孔夫子
(#7 (permalink))
Old
disfunkd (Offline)
New to JF

12-24-2008, 01:36 AM

thanks for your comments firstly. i do love my fiancee but i know deep down i will make her unhappy in the future i feel i cannot miss up a chance to do something like this.. also my fiancees father was a cats whisker away from moving to canada before he got with his wife and even though he loves his kids and family when he thinks about what could have been it depresses him . my fiancee wants a nice quiet life with a couple of kids in a small house she has no desires or ambitions of her own.. to be honest she was the first person i fell in love with. when i think what could have been b4 i met her.. moving to tokyo to study japanese i get desperatly sad. i do love her and i know leaving her would be cruel but she has told me before if any of us are not happy we shouldnt go any further. i would also never leave her in the lurch i would finacially support her and let her have everything i only need a few coins and the drive and determination to go on.

i believe in life
you get the people who DO and the people who DON'T

i want a life which wasnt expected of me i want so much more and i know i won't get that from my fiancee.. she wouldnt even consider moving to london for me as its too far from her parents (160 miles )

im also not a child anymore im 23 and life is moving to fast i don't wanna be 30 with this still being a pipe dream i want to act as soon as possible. it would be aweful of me to marry my fiancee and then fall out of love with her a few months after due to my needs

im sure i come across as a crazy pychopath but this is my dream and i really REALLY want to do something about it

i would rather do it and fail than not do it and not know at all

anyway i would still lvoe to hear stories of people who have successfully migrated to japan
(#8 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)

12-24-2008, 01:41 AM

if you wanna do it that much then why do you need us to say its ok?

if you were all for living life etc you'd have buggered off yonks ago.

(#9 (permalink))
Old
disfunkd (Offline)
New to JF

12-24-2008, 01:45 AM

lol yea if it was that simple im not asking permission i want to know other peoples stories and what not, meet other ppl like me who want to make the move, thats it simple as
(#10 (permalink))
Old
tocrayzay (Offline)
[put profound title here]

Send a message via Yahoo to tocrayzay
12-24-2008, 02:12 AM

follow your dream but you should probably break it off now instead of waiting and saying, "oh yeah by the way I wanna go to Japan so it's over"

murrrrrrrrr
"If Life and Death be things that seem,
If Death be sleep, and Life a dream,
May not the everlasting sleep
The dream of Life eternal keep?"
~Father Tabb