Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
RegPaq (Offline)
JF Regular

Thumbs up 01-24-2009, 04:11 AM

and going back to topic..
all the Japanese women i have met that have came here to study English seem to have a lot more about them than American girls and are not as shallow. but thats an opinion from only a little more than a handful of themm
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Isaa (Offline)
New to JF

01-24-2009, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegPaq View Post
and going back to topic..
all the Japanese women i have met that have came here to study English seem to have a lot more about them than American girls and are not as shallow. but thats an opinion from only a little more than a handful of themm
Perhaps it depends on who you're interacting with. I have never been to California but the social situations are much different (so I hear) than what I am used to. I don't know many Japanese women, but there is one that I help with her English and she seems quite sweet. I can't really say how "shallow" she is or isn't as the time we have is limited. Then again, when someone is willing to set aside their life in a comfortable homeland and travel abroad to study, that takes courage, and willingness to accept a completely new culture and drop all bias.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Isaa (Offline)
New to JF

01-24-2009, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
It depends on the person. Different nationalities commonly produce a certain persona or character. Even the different states in America are worth noteing when you meet an American, as each state seems to produce a different type of character. But, in the end, it depends on the person.
I agree that it depends on the person. Personality reverts to cognitive learning; what one has learned in his or her experiences through growing up. But then again, with all things considered, America is an Individualistic society, while Japan (though now moving towards Individualistic) is a Collectivist society. That means while Americans are focused on self- independence, getting a job, being solely financially stable, and having the idea that it is "every man for himself", it is more common that Japanese will say, I am "A mother", "A sister", "A student", viewing themselves in a network, realizing the picture around them. I believe this greatly impacts personal character, while the more specific things are compilations of events and the persons reactions to them, in life.

Last edited by Isaa : 01-24-2009 at 04:34 AM. Reason: Did not Quote properly
(#14 (permalink))
Old
jasonbvr (Offline)
TrixR4Kidz

01-24-2009, 12:51 PM

You should be a bit more specific. By American do you mean white girls? And by Asian I assume you mean girls who have lived their whole life in an East Asian country? And you can't even group them all together either. There are huge cultural differences between Korean, Chinese and Japanese girls.

Forget about all of that anyways because on some level all women are the same regardless of ethnicity, but on a deeper level everyone is a unique individual.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Iftikhar (Offline)
New to JF

01-24-2009, 02:48 PM

I think Japanese girls are more caring as compared to American girls.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-24-2009, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koir View Post
Yet you still posted in it. Call me confused, but one possible course of action was to not post in it at all, and seethe in private.
It's because he believes his opinions are more intelligent than the rest of us. (They aren't)

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!
(#17 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

01-24-2009, 03:22 PM

People act differently due to various circumstances, and most of it has to do with the environment they grow up in, then of course, there is also the factor of their own personality and how they choose to apply their life experience. You can have shallow and "easy" Japanese girl, Chinese girl, American girl, Canadian girl... etc etc etc... It has a lot to do with how one idividual grow up

If you put a Japanese girl and an American girl side by side, and assume they have the exact same background and exposure, and that their personality and character is similar/same, their behavior is likely to be very similar too

It is not up to us to judge what is right and what is wrong, we can't generalize it base on our own experience. Much of what we know are highly dictated by what is deemed to be a socially acceptable behavior.

A girl growing up in Tokyo in a rich family will definitely act differently than a girl growing up in the Furano flower field. Many things are considered normal, right, the necessities to Tokyo girl could meant something totally different to the Furano girl.....

Just my 2 cents

Godwine, I think you summed it up perfectly. As was requested by more than one user, I will close this thread here.

Last edited by MMM : 01-24-2009 at 05:55 PM.
Closed Thread