JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Niknaizorai (Offline)
JF Regular

Extract - 02-05-2009, 11:58 AM

History of Naturism
Nude swimming has probably been the rule rather than the exception during the history of mankind.

Public nudity was common in ancient Egypt under Pharaoh Akhen-Aton (1385-1353 BCE).
Students in ancient Greece exercised and received instruction while unclad; athletes competed in the nude. This continued until 393 CE, when the Christian emperor banned the Olympic Games because he considered them Pagan.
Ascetics in ancient India practiced nudity as part of their quest for simplicity.
The Japanese widely practiced nude communal bathing until recently. Today, there exists only "...a few mixed bathing pools in hot spring spas, and some mixed public baths in small villages in the deep countryside." 2
Five Christian groups from the 2nd to the 15th century practiced public nudity: the Adamites, Adamianis, Carpocrations, Encratites, and Marcosians.
Many cultures in tropical areas wear very little or no clothing, even today.
John Adams enjoyed nude swimming in the Potomac River.
Public nude bathing was common on the beaches of the UK by the 1840's.

During the reign of Queen Victoria, a period of sexual repression began which spread throughout much of the English-speaking world. At the height of the Victorian Era, it was common to cover all legs, even those of pianos and tables, in order to prevent sexual arousal. Bathing suits at the time covered almost the entire bodies of both men and women. Then, as now, much of society considered nudity and sexual arousal to be synonymous.

The following naturist landmarks occurred during the 20th century:

circa 1900: A return to nude public bathing was pioneered in Germany by a group of young weekend hikers called Wandervögel (migratory birds). They hiked around the countryside and skinny-dipped where conditions allowed. A second German group contributed to naturism; it was the Naturheilbewegung (Natural Healing Movement) which promoted the idea that the sun's rays had healing properties if they were enjoyed in the nude. German sociologist Heinrigh Pudor is regarded as the "father of nudism." He wrote a book "The Cult of the Nude" promoting naturism. This was at a time when the word "cult" had not taken on the negative meanings that it has today.
1903: The first naturist resort was opened up by Paul Zimmerman near Hamburg, Germany.
circa 1905: The British nudist organization English Gymnosophist Society was formed.
1929: Kurt Barthel founded the American League for Physical Culture. Members Reverend Ilsley (Uncle Danny) Boone, and family are recognized as the first leading family of nudism in America.
1930's: On one particularly hot summer, thousands of men on Long Island NY disobeyed the law and went topless. The law was changed in 1936 to decriminalize toplessness among men.
1940's: The Comstock Law, an omnibus anti-obscenity law was used to suppress nudist magazines in the US.
1958: The US Supreme Court ruled that naturist magazines were not obscene under that law.
1950's: Police raids on nudist groups became less frequent. One of the last occurred in Michigan in 1956. A Christian radio evangelist had campaigned to close down the Sunshine Gardens Nudist Resort. After a series of court battles, the Michigan Supreme Court ruled that naturists had a right to practice nudism within private resorts.
Naturist Terms
Some people regard Nudism and Naturism as synonyms, as are nudist and naturist. However, many regard them as similar but not identical terms. They feel: A nudist typically prefers to visit nudist resorts. Some feel more comfortable there, being free of peeping toms and harassing law officers. Others like the social organization, activities and facilities that resorts provide.
A naturist typically prefers the great outdoors, free of boundary lines or fences. They typically visit public lands where there are few if any amenities.

The International Naturist Federation defined naturism as follows: "Naturism is a way of life in harmony with nature characterized by the practice of communal nudity, with the intention of encouraging self- respect, respect for others and for the environment." Some naturists prefer a wider definition and include individuals who practice nudity by themselves, with a partner, or within a family. Nudists are not rigid about the wearing of clothing. It is used if it is needed for comfort, if required by law, or if preferred in situations where others might feel awkward.
Textile is used as a noun to refer to a non-nudist, or as an adjective, as in "textile resort".
The word colony as in nudist colony is not used; campground, resort or park are preferred.
Landed nudist clubs are groups who own a naturist facility. Non-landed clubs meet at nudist resorts, landed clubs, or travel to wilderness locations.
Free beaches are public beaches in North America which have remote sections in which nude sunbathing and swimming is practiced. Two are officially recognized in Canada, in Toronto and Vancouver. A few free beaches are at least tolerated in the U.S. For example, South Gunnison Beach at Sandy Hook, is part of the Gateway National Recreation Area in New Jersey. National Park Service has posted signs there stating: "Beyond this point you may encounter nude sunbathers." Haulover Beach Park in Miami Beach, FL, is recognized by Dade County and by the City of Miami Beach, although signage is provided by the local naturist group.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
mrnicekid (Offline)
JF Regular

02-05-2009, 11:59 AM

o man, i really need to learn how to produce sarcasm in an easy-to-understand way.

Quote:
You want the list of Japanese perversities, I will give you that list in Japanese language so you can understand.
japanese perversities is always an intriguing subject, and i hope to hear about it from experts like you.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Niknaizorai (Offline)
JF Regular

MrNicekid - 02-05-2009, 12:02 PM

Thank you for your right attitude.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
mrnicekid (Offline)
JF Regular

02-05-2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niknaizorai View Post
Thank you for your right attitude.
err.. you're welcomed?

anyways, i think your questions has been answered.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
spicytuna (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-05-2009, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoyankee View Post
Frankly, I'm fed up with this OP's kinky interests in our country.

He had no sooner joined JF than he created a thread asking why some older Japanese women go abroad only to get pregnant by foreign men, which by no means is a common phenomenon as any 12-year-old could tell.

Now he's saying "Where's the nudist resort at?"

Just give us a break, will ya?
I'm curious as to what his next thread will be. Who knows? Maybe it'll involve duct tape and some hamsters.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Niknaizorai (Offline)
JF Regular

Hahah - 02-05-2009, 06:07 PM

The funny thing is that I got replies for both postings but not for the other posts I have opened.

One asks for a simple question:

How do Japanese condiment a seaweed salad?

No replies...

Are you guys only interested in sex and twisted thoughts?
(#17 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-06-2009, 10:16 PM

Public baths and nudism are completely different things.

Japanese don't use public baths to express their nakedness. They go to public baths to get clean.

Privacy and nudity are regarded differently in Japan than in the west, which may be the reason you don't find nude resorts in Japan.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Miyavifan (Offline)
I Support DBSK always...

02-06-2009, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niknaizorai View Post
The funny thing is that I got replies for both postings but not for the other posts I have opened.

One asks for a simple question:

How do Japanese condiment a seaweed salad?

No replies...

Are you guys only interested in sex and twisted thoughts?
I saw one reply there.

hide... always in my heart. I love you.... my pink spider....
My one wish is 2 meet Kyo. seriously.
R.I.P. Jasmine....