JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
pixisticks (Offline)
New to JF

Another travel question... - 02-06-2009, 06:29 PM

Sorry guys. ^^;; This one will be quick, though, I promise!

Does anyone know of any good online maps of Tokyo? I'm hopeless with Google maps. I just need a good map to show how you can get from point A to point B, or how far away they are. (The problem with google maps is that by the time I zoom in and find the area I'm looking for, I've lost where I started from. *facepalm*)

More specifically, I'm trying to figure out directions from the Keio dormitories to the Keio University (both the Shimoda Student Village dormitories and the Omori Student Dormitories), as well as places like Roppongi, Shibuya, Shinjuku, and Ikebukuro. Here are the addresses of the two dormitories I'm looking at, but obviously you can't stick that in Google in English (and I fail so I don't know the kanji), as well as the previous problem--since I have no idea where anything is, once I move the map around to find one place, I've lost the Keio spot!

So basically, just any good online map of Tokyo, or anything that can tell you things like what I'm looking for. Help?

Sorry again for asking so many questions!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
spicytuna (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-06-2009, 06:39 PM

I'm sure someone will chime in with a great resource but here's a tip regarding Google Maps.

You can create an account with Google (unless you use Google calendar or Gmail in which case you'll already have one), go to "My Maps" in the upper left corner and select "Create new map". Select the area you want and click on "Edit". You now have the ability to drop markers with labels, draw lines, shapes, etc.

Edit :

Here's your page in Japanese :
http://www.ic.keio.ac.jp/intl_studen...ryu_boshu.html

If you input the address into maps.google.jp, it comes up with the location.

Last edited by spicytuna : 02-06-2009 at 06:51 PM.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
pixisticks (Offline)
New to JF

02-07-2009, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicytuna View Post
I'm sure someone will chime in with a great resource but here's a tip regarding Google Maps.

You can create an account with Google (unless you use Google calendar or Gmail in which case you'll already have one), go to "My Maps" in the upper left corner and select "Create new map". Select the area you want and click on "Edit". You now have the ability to drop markers with labels, draw lines, shapes, etc.

Edit :

Here's your page in Japanese :
http://www.ic.keio.ac.jp/intl_studen...ryu_boshu.html

If you input the address into maps.google.jp, it comes up with the location.
Oh, I didn't know you could do that! Thank you so much, I'll check it out. I will conquer maps!