JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
kezzamail (Offline)
New to JF

japanese working visa - 03-06-2009, 04:41 PM

g'day
just today i applied at the japanese embassy in melbourne for the japanese working visa

when i showed him my 'flight' (fake itineray) he said that the visa was only 6 months, and the return fright was 1 year from the entry date.

and he said that you must extend the visa while in japan, can anyone tell me, what the process of extending the visa would be???
... i'm hoping its quite simple but haven't bothered doing the research, i was always under the impression that it was a 1 and a half year visa
anyhow, thanks for your help in advance
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

03-06-2009, 06:43 PM

Are you talking about a Working Holiday Visa?
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-07-2009, 12:27 AM

A standard work visa is for 1 or 3 years. In order to get one you need much more than a simple travel itinerary. First you need to have a sponsorship form filled out by your employer, and a copy of your labor contract (which are generally good for one year). As a foreigner, in order to qualify for the job, you will need an original copy of your 4 year (or better) college degree.

It sounds like you are entering Japan with a working holiday visa, which, as you stated, is only good for 6 months. There are no educational or employment requirements necessary to get a working holiday visa. On the other hand, you will not be able to extend the visa in Japan, you will have to return to your home country and reapply.