JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
nukiuchi (Offline)
New to JF

Post Life, Better in Japan or Korea? - 05-06-2009, 07:22 AM

I have always looked at this question in curiousity, and comparing with their exports and technology... i believe Japan out ranks koreas in many ways (not to be offensive) but the way of living and education.... when i was in canada, koreans over there would tell me how glad they are to be away from Korea.... but my japanese friend Mika would be homesick and she always compares Canada with Japan saying that it is much better in this and that...

i dont know, but japan has always been my favorite (especially in music + fashion)
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Reavyn (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-06-2009, 07:32 AM

It really depends on the person and the reasoning they are away most likely. I worked in a restaurant owned by a very kind Japanese lady and she was glad to be out of Japan.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
ikuret75 (Offline)
New to JF

05-08-2009, 02:01 AM

I live in Canada now and I can tell you how glad I am to be away from Japan!
(I'm from Japan.) I have close Korean friends and from what I know from them the Korean society is a bit more "strict" than Japan. For example, the seniority system seems much stricter in Korea.

But Japan was like that in the past. Some say Korea is 10-20 years "behind" Japan, I used the word "behind" not in a bad way but Just literary the Change of society is happening that way.

英語 学習TOEIC 対策は違うのです。でも英語 音読は逆効果かも!
(#4 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

05-08-2009, 02:16 AM

I am feeling the same as ikuret75 and knowing this from Korean people.

I have never been to Korea but would love to.

My GF is Korean.. I lived in Japan for six years and my wife of eleven years was Japanese.

I found life for me in Japan was cool, although it appeared to be a totally different story for the average salry man and housewife..

I am believing that as IK75 said, Korea is similar to the way Japanw as previously so I guess we don't have much of a difference..

To be honest, I love culture and when it dies slowly as it is in Japan and Korea, I feel un-easy..

Cheers - Oz