LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

05-20-2009, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post
Probably more for the Visa than anything else.
that's a good point..

That spouse visa was certainly a medal for living in JP.

Cheers - Oz
(#22 (permalink))
Old
kisftw (Offline)
~PwRrNgR~

Send a message via AIM to kisftw Send a message via MSN to kisftw Send a message via Yahoo to kisftw Send a message via Skype™ to kisftw
05-20-2009, 01:49 PM

Job link won't load for me... But I really would like to know what I'd need to do to live in Japan. I understand people saying stuff like: 'Get a college degree' and what not, but you have to look at it from another perspective, we don't have forever to live. So a quick easy way is most preferred.

~Kis.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
spicytuna (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-20-2009, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisftw View Post
Job link won't load for me... But I really would like to know what I'd need to do to live in Japan. I understand people saying stuff like: 'Get a college degree' and what not, but you have to look at it from another perspective, we don't have forever to live. So a quick easy way is most preferred.
It's pretty simple.

In order to work in Japan, you need a visa.
In order to get a visa, you need a college degree.

Like MMM mentioned, it doesn't matter if you're a millionaire who has his living expenses covered. Unless you have a visa, you won't be allowed to stay beyond 3 or 6 months.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

05-20-2009, 03:22 PM

Quote:

~Kis.
First you have to find out what sort of visa you need and what criteria you need to match to obtain the visa.

Secondly, a suitcase, a bank account if that's possible from where you are linked to Japan, personal items, a gas mask for the Swine flu, you will need to organize accommodation beforehand, and the list goes on.

But first and foremost, you need to enquire at your countries Japanese consulate/Embassy and ask them. Give them a call and they can tell you.

Evryone is different as it depends on their situations.

For me it was all very easy. I applied for my spouse visa in Sydney, three days later it was all in my letter box.

i then packed boxes up for storage in my parents garage, posted items that I wanted in Japan, finalized my airline ticket, and I was up-up and away to kansai airport ladning at midnight in the winter.

My wife met me, I had shorts on and when I got out the airport, SHIVER-ME-TIMBERS!!!! FREEZINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!

Once in Japan and my new home which of course my wife was already living at all set up, I spent the next few days enjoying my living environment.

A week later, I was off to purchase a new motor scooter and bicycle, and then did some exploring.

A month later, I landed my first full time in Japan English teaching job, and It was all a learning experience from their.

The next six years was very different for me, all very exciting, everyday a new experience, and VOILA!

Now I'm back in the land of OZ

Cheers - Oz
(#25 (permalink))
Old
kisftw (Offline)
~PwRrNgR~

Send a message via AIM to kisftw Send a message via MSN to kisftw Send a message via Yahoo to kisftw Send a message via Skype™ to kisftw
05-21-2009, 07:20 AM

Well, any specifics?
(#26 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

05-21-2009, 08:30 AM

I give up

Cheers - Oz
(#27 (permalink))
Old
kisftw (Offline)
~PwRrNgR~

05-25-2009, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkai View Post
I give up
Sorry Ozkai, I'm a little slow. And I have ADD, that wall of text gave me a headache. ^^;; I asked for specifics as in: Let's say I wanted to get a job as an english teacher, what would I need to do? I hear 4 years in college to get a degree is minimal. But can I get it at a local junior college? Or does it have to be something fancypantzy? Also, how would I make a contact to sponsor me? I'm sorry I didn't clarify myself. ^^;; Plez don't be mad, k? *Puppy Eyes*
(#28 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

05-25-2009, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Sorry Ozkai, I'm a little slow. And I have ADD, that wall of text gave me a headache. ^^;; I asked for specifics as in: Let's say I wanted to get a job as an english teacher, what would I need to do? I hear 4 years in college to get a degree is minimal. But can I get it at a local junior college? Or does it have to be something fancypantzy? Also, how would I make a contact to sponsor me? I'm sorry I didn't clarify myself. ^^;; Plez don't be mad, k? *Puppy Eyes*
I don't know anymore.

I can go to Japan and get a job because I am well known by a few schools and they would employ in a snap, but that's just me and they know me with experience and they know I am good.

I have a degree, but I never used it for any job in Japan. I did not need to and was never asked.
I am talking five years back. That may be very different to now.

Your only way is to search some 'gaijin' forums where English teachers communicate.

Maybe someone here knows the link. That would be more helpful.

I'm lost now about any rules for your visa etc.

Like I said, Japan Consulate. Good Info.

Forums.

Japan job sites.

Email jobs and ask, etc.

Are you with me?

Cheers - Oz
(#29 (permalink))
Old
kisftw (Offline)
~PwRrNgR~

05-25-2009, 09:03 AM

Kk, thank you Ozkai, please have some patience woth me though...I'm not trying to anger you, or make you feel as if I'm a lost cause. I'm really trying to do my best at this.
(#30 (permalink))
Old
spicytuna (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-25-2009, 02:58 PM

Didn't I make it clear enough for you?

You need a visa to work in Japan.

You need a 4yr college/university degree to get a visa. If you happen to have Japanese parents or a Japanese wife, you'll be eligible for a specified visa but otherwise, you'll have no choice but to get that degree.

If this concept is too difficult for you to understand, I'm not sure how you'll manage to learn a whole new language while living in Japan.