LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
LucifersCurse (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to LucifersCurse
How much would an apartment be in Japan? - 05-25-2009, 09:09 AM

I'm thinking of moving to Japan at age 21 or 23,
but after i know all about Japan but the big question is how much would i have to pay in $ for an apartment?

$1,000 a month
$2,000 a month
or less?

and how much is living in japan for clothes and food and gas and furniture?

this thread is for everyone not just me okay?

so yeah thanks and im happy if anyone answers.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
05-25-2009, 09:17 AM

Well, that depends on where the apartment is, how big the apartment is, how old the apartment is, how accessible the apartment is, what type of apartment it is, how nice the apartment is, and a number of other factors.

Want to live in the country, in an old falling apart building with only a bus stop within 30 minutes walking? I could find you something for less than $200/month.

Want to live in the heart of Tokyo, within a minute of a station, brand new building, great view, etc - count on $5000+

Where do you want to live?

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
LucifersCurse (Offline)
Banned

05-25-2009, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
Well, that depends on where the apartment is, how big the apartment is, how old the apartment is, how accessible the apartment is, what type of apartment it is, how nice the apartment is, and a number of other factors.

Want to live in the country, in an old falling apart building with only a bus stop within 30 minutes walking? I could find you something for less than $200/month.

Want to live in the heart of Tokyo, within a minute of a station, brand new building, great view, etc - count on $5000+

Where do you want to live?
wow i need to save up my money then and not waste it on my new clothes and VMW.

i think i will sell my car and save up money, i want an apartment that is a one bedroom for now maybe a two bedroom nice with a little kitchen, and bathroom, and maybe a tiny living room like in Florida.

Um well all i need is to buy a bed and couch and dresser and stove and buy some dishes i should be married by then i guess but i want to wait.xD

well something in between $2,000 and $4,000 dollars is fine i will by dishes and stuff here the bed and couch and dresser there later on.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
05-25-2009, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucifersCurse View Post
wow i need to save up my money then and not waste it on my new clothes and VMW.

i think i will sell my car and save up money, i want an apartment that is a one bedroom for now maybe a two bedroom nice with a little kitchen, and bathroom, and maybe a tiny living room like in Florida.

Um well all i need is to buy a bed and couch and dresser and stove and buy some dishes i should be married by then i guess but i want to wait.xD

well something in between $2,000 and $4,000 dollars is fine i will by dishes and stuff here the bed and couch and dresser there later on.
You do realize that there are apartments at all price ranges between those two, right?
I`m a bit curious how you`re going to pull off a job in Japan that will allow you to pay $2000 to $4000 in rent alone each month... But... go for it, I guess.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
LucifersCurse (Offline)
Banned

05-25-2009, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
You do realize that there are apartments at all price ranges between those two, right?
I`m a bit curious how you`re going to pull off a job in Japan that will allow you to pay $2000 to $4000 in rent alone each month... But... go for it, I guess.
hehe well thats the hard part.>.<

do you have any pictures to show what the old apartments look like?o_O
im very curious about how they look.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

05-25-2009, 11:02 AM

Quote:
I'm thinking of moving to Japan at age 21 or 23,
but after i know all about Japan but the big question is how much would i have to pay in $ for an apartment?

$1,000 a month
$2,000 a month
or less?

and how much is living in japan for clothes and food and gas and furniture?

this thread is for everyone not just me okay?

so yeah thanks and im happy if anyone answers.
Five years ago, we paid 96'000 yen a month for a very nice apartment in a suburb of Kyoto City with excellent access with the trains.

By memory, our water was approx. 20'000 a month, electricity, cannot remember.

You may have to pay what they call "Thank you" money in Kyoto and also Key money.

Japanese uni students at Kyoto University who I was friends with, by memory, they paid approx 20'000 a month near the Uni., for a one room apartment.

My apartment had a living room, a dining room, a kitchen, a bathroom, seperate toilet, one bedroom that was good size, a hallway, two balconies, and an underneath carpark which was 10'000 extra a month.

Keep in mind that most apartments in Japan charge extra for car parking, so if you plan on getting a car, a good choice is to rent somewhere that has street parking. I would park in front of our apartment.

Either way, you will need to prepare healthy funds into the kitty, it's not cheap, don't leave yourself short like many Westerners do. Make you you have extra funds that are not needed in case they are!

Cheers - Oz
(#7 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-25-2009, 04:31 PM

This was my apartment in Japan:

The 1st shows my apartment building (I was on the 2nd floor, 1st apartment on the left).

The 2nd shot shows the view while standing at my front door.

The 3rd shot is the view from my balcony... that's the train to Osaka, which rumbled past the building every 20-30 minutes from 5 AM until midnight every day.

I had to pay about $600 a month, and it was a small 1 room + kitchen and bath, but it was only a 5 minute walk to the train station, which was nice.

JET Program, 1996-98, Wakayama-ken, Hashimoto-shi

Link to pictures from my time in Japan
(#8 (permalink))
Old
LucifersCurse (Offline)
Banned

05-26-2009, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai007 View Post
This was my apartment in Japan:

The 1st shows my apartment building (I was on the 2nd floor, 1st apartment on the left).

The 2nd shot shows the view while standing at my front door.

The 3rd shot is the view from my balcony... that's the train to Osaka, which rumbled past the building every 20-30 minutes from 5 AM until midnight every day.

I had to pay about $600 a month, and it was a small 1 room + kitchen and bath, but it was only a 5 minute walk to the train station, which was nice.
beautiful view, good for a start.
where is it at?
i want to have one in Osaka though.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-26-2009, 07:58 AM

Quote:
beautiful view, good for a start.
where is it at?
i want to have one in Osaka though.
Like it says in my sig, Hashimoto-shi, Wakayama-ken. It is 1 hour south of Osaka by train, and was 880 yen to get into Namba station in Osaka.

If you live in the city, you'll pay much more and not have as nice a view.

JET Program, 1996-98, Wakayama-ken, Hashimoto-shi

Link to pictures from my time in Japan
(#10 (permalink))
Old
LucifersCurse (Offline)
Banned

05-26-2009, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai007 View Post
Like it says in my sig, Hashimoto-shi, Wakayama-ken. It is 1 hour south of Osaka by train, and was 880 yen to get into Namba station in Osaka.

If you live in the city, you'll pay much more and not have as nice a view.
yeah i know.

thats why i need to find an apartment.xD