JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
sachikoxx (Offline)
New to JF

Jobs in Japan? - 02-23-2007, 05:59 PM

Anyone work in Japan? Or can recommend a good paying job?I've been doing arubaito (part-time) and the pay isn't as good as I'd like (...stupid reason, but hey!) I was wondering if there were any job recommendations? I was thinking of hostessing but I hate hostesses so that was out. Even if the pay would have been good.. I don't have a degree or anything so working at a language school would also be pretty difficult.

Anyway, if anyone has recommendations?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
yamada63 (Offline)
New to JF

Job in Japan - 02-24-2007, 03:24 AM

Hi. I am a foreign student, studying Engineering in Tokyo. I am in 3rd year now, and this is the time for me and all other 3rd year and master 1st year student to do Job Hunting or simply shukatsu.

Are you a student, or what? If you are in the same position like me, let us talk about shukatsu...

How much pay you got for the baito?
(#3 (permalink))
Old
sachikoxx (Offline)
New to JF

hello! - 02-26-2007, 09:24 AM

thank you for your response!
currently I am attending a japanese school but I dont really go, lol.
my baito paid 900 yen an hour but didn't include the pay for going to and from work :/ so I quit. (it was really tiring, too far, and theres probably better things closer to where I am.)
(#4 (permalink))
Old
yamada63 (Offline)
New to JF

02-28-2007, 11:23 AM

Oh yes, for baito, the nearer the better. But 900 isn't that bad right...

Good Luck!
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Luzviminda (Offline)
New to JF

03-01-2007, 06:36 PM

when i leave high school
i plan to study japanese and computing at univeristy
then try and get a job in japan

how easy is it to find a job in computing in japan, in general?
(#6 (permalink))
Old
yamada63 (Offline)
New to JF

computing job - 03-02-2007, 08:52 AM

there are lots lots of software and internet company in japan nowadays. they need workers. it is not easy to get job in big companies like NEC, IBM Japan and Unisys. But easier to go to small company. Ability to speak English is highly demanded in Japan. However, ability to speak Japanese, at least reading and speaking is a must.

Good Luck!
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Luzviminda (Offline)
New to JF

03-02-2007, 01:30 PM

ahhh
i love computing <3
i really want to learn the language
it just sound so awsome

(#8 (permalink))
Old
SamuraiAlchemistNinja (Offline)
Tired Philosopher...

Send a message via Yahoo to SamuraiAlchemistNinja
03-05-2007, 12:07 AM

I'm good with computers, know a great deal of Japanese, can read&write Hiragana and nearly katakana, can speak spanish almost fluently, good with keeping records, filing, and I'm a super fast typer. Would those qualities maybe get me a good job in Japan?

I'm pretty content with life right now....For the most part, anyway....Well, at least, I'm pretty sure I am....
(#9 (permalink))
Old
jasonbvr (Offline)
TrixR4Kidz

03-05-2007, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiAlchemistNinja View Post
I'm good with computers, know a great deal of Japanese, can read&write Hiragana and nearly katakana, can speak spanish almost fluently, good with keeping records, filing, and I'm a super fast typer. Would those qualities maybe get me a good job in Japan?
Actually, speaking Spanish is a huge benefit especially if you can speak Japanese as well. English education is very popular in Japan, but in all honesty Spanish and Portuguese would be a lot more helpful because of the huge number of South American immigrants moving to Japan to work in the factories. The first person to open a Spanish conversation school in the area I live in would make a ton of Yen.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
jasonbvr (Offline)
TrixR4Kidz

03-05-2007, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louiscl View Post
Gunma-ken mainly for some reasons related to past industrial expansion in Kanto. Not Japan as a whole. There is a difference that should be noted. Fair point about making money, but getting backers to be guarantors is difficult as you know. And really, Gunma is bloody cold in the winter and stupidly hot in the summer. I hope that you haven't bought a house there.
I live in a Leopalace. Also I snowboard so cold is a good thing. In fact it has been disappointingly mild this season. And if you want a guarantor, I have a few connections.