(#31 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
06-23-2009, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioKid View Post
Thank you for your pointing out. I could not find the amount who are in Japan legally without visa.

The difference between yours and mine are the 一般永住者 and 特別永住者.
Do you know what the 特別永住者 is?
Yes, I do.
I think that there is more difference than that though. Visas are not issued every single year for a lot of people. 3 year visas are also very common, and for students there are a lot of 2 years. So just looking at the visas issued in one year isn`t going to show you all the people who had the visa issued the year before or 2 years ago. To see those people, you have to look at how many people are registered.

My visa was renewed last in 2007. So even though I live in Japan, I would not be included in the list you posted.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.

Last edited by Nyororin : 06-23-2009 at 07:30 AM.
(#32 (permalink))
Old
JackIsLost (Offline)
Wanderer

Send a message via AIM to JackIsLost
06-23-2009, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Yes, I know the Blarney Stone...most of those gaijin bars seemed to be filled with gaijin students, tourists, and new-arrivals, as well as Japanese who like the atmosphere, hearing English and cheap drink specials.
MMM, can you give me a place to meet other foreigners? do you know any of these bars near saitama or easy to find in tokyo? i would like to meet some japanese looking for foreigners for language exchanging.
(#33 (permalink))
Old
RadioKid (Offline)
Native Japanese

Send a message via Yahoo to RadioKid
06-23-2009, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
Yes, I do.
I think that there is more difference than that though. Visas are not issued every single year for a lot of people. 3 year visas are also very common, and for students there are a lot of 2 years. So just looking at the visas issued in one year isn`t going to show you all the people who had the visa issued the year before or 2 years ago. To see those people, you have to look at how many people are registered.

My visa was renewed last in 2007. So even though I live in Japan, I would not be included in the list you posted.
My list includes multi-year visa. Is it what you mention?

Language makes Culture and Culture makes Language.

Links to Japan forum Tips :
1) How to remove spam massages on you screen
2) How to post Youtube movies or Pictures

... and
Ask professional translator for your business work. You can not get useful business resources for free.
(#34 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-23-2009, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackIsLost View Post
MMM, can you give me a place to meet other foreigners? do you know any of these bars near saitama or easy to find in tokyo? i would like to meet some japanese looking for foreigners for language exchanging.
In Saitama, no. I would pick up "Time Out Tokyo" magazine for language exchanges in Tokyo.
(#35 (permalink))
Old
RadioKid (Offline)
Native Japanese

06-23-2009, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackIsLost View Post
There are some "English Cafe" around Tokyo where you can find Japanese who want to talk in English.

http://www.eigojoho.com/cafe.htm

... and
Ask professional translator for your business work. You can not get useful business resources for free.
(#36 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
06-23-2009, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioKid View Post
My list includes multi-year visa. Is it what you mention?
Yes. Of course your list includes multi-year. But only multi-year that are issued between January and December in 2008. Multi-year visas that are active but not issued in that year are not included.

For example, look at the figures for the US on your list (from 2007) - It is 19,739 visas issued. But the number of Americans living in Japan (registered with active visa in 2007) is 51,851.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#37 (permalink))
Old
RadioKid (Offline)
Native Japanese

06-23-2009, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
Yes. Of course your list includes multi-year. But only multi-year that are issued between January and December in 2008. Multi-year visas that are active but not issued in that year are not included.

For example, look at the figures for the US on your list (from 2007) - It is 19,739 visas issued. But the number of Americans living in Japan (registered with active visa in 2007) is 51,851.
I see. Thank you very much.

... and
(#38 (permalink))
Old
dirtyroboto (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-24-2009, 10:38 AM

if you go to all of the tourist places and red light sectors you will find lots of gaijin. I was in Shibuya last night and saw many, I would say 1 in 20 for a weekday is alot.

You will always see G'jin in places like omotesando, shinjuku, shibuya and akihabara. These are the places listed in tour guides, you will go to these places too and be just another gaijin.
In the countyside it is very different. You will be super No.1 gaijin and the whole district will talk about you and try to arrange a marriage with thier daughter or son. (sarc)
(#39 (permalink))
Old
cloa513 (Offline)
JF Regular

How about visa exempts - 06-26-2009, 02:18 AM

Approximately how many people from Visa exempt countries?
(#40 (permalink))
Old
wasabijuice (Offline)
JF Regular

06-26-2009, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyroboto View Post
In the countyside it is very different. You will be super No.1 gaijin and the whole district will talk about you and try to arrange a marriage with thier daughter or son. (sarc)
How cool is that, have we met?