JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
minminRW (Offline)
JF Regular

07-29-2009, 06:00 PM

Most of Uyoku dantai are not real right-wing or patriot group but varity of Yakuza.
If they truly want to have citizens hear their opinion, they will not use such strange Gaisensha or too loud speakers.
Foreigners in Japan (especially western person) do not need to worry about because their target is money of Japanese people. I have not heard that Uyoku dantai did harm to foreign people.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-29-2009, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by komitsuki View Post

You don't need to be so obnoxious to a Canadian. :/
What I meant is, you can say something. I have seen these "rallys" (maybe 10 people, mostly homeless or bored).

During elections one hopeful politician was giving a speech with a loudspeaker in front of the train station. I was walking home and ignored him until I heard the word "gaikokujin" come from his mouth. I stopped and walked closer to hear what he was saying. Literally I was the only person listening. I am not an intimidating individual, but just standing there actively listening to him without saying a word was enough to get him to jump to the last paragraph and wrap up.

Komitsuki, if you took offense by my words, that is my fault, and was not intended to you or to Canadians.

I will not discount your friends experience, but it seems a little...overblown. Even when these right-wingers are talking about foreigners, mostly they are not talking about Westerners, who make up less than 5% of the non-Japanese population living in Japan. Bottom line, there is nothing to be afraid of. Annoying? Yes. Scary? As a spider.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-30-2009, 03:54 AM

Anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I will not discount your friends experience, but it seems a little...overblown.
This is why I made a thread about my friend's experience and let others look into the matter. You know, to bring more insights. And I thank you and others for that.

JapanForum's semi-resident amateur linguist.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
wasabijuice (Offline)
JF Regular

public nuisance? - 07-31-2009, 04:06 AM

What I want to know is why in the hay aren't these ear damaging trucks illegal? It is definitely dangerous for children and others hearing.

Not to change the subject or condone the following, but if taking a picture up a skirt is "creating a public nuisance" and punishable by arrest. Why is blaring 120 decibels not a "public nuisance"? Please tell me.

I'd like to ice pick their tires and run like hell