JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
swiftwind (Offline)
New to JF

Question about contracting companies - 09-29-2009, 10:22 PM

As some of you may know, I am currently working for an american company in Japan on a contract.

I'm currently job hunting for my next job and I was contacted by a contracting company that sends out people to different companies to do contract work. This company said that in order to register with their company, I must give them a photocopy of my passport, visa status, and scans/photocopies of all diplomas and certifications. They said that once I submit all this they will have a few jobs lined up for me.

If I was in the states I would refuse to provide so much information without signing anything yet. Is this normal in Japan? Anything I should be careful with?

Thank you for your time.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-29-2009, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftwind View Post
As some of you may know, I am currently working for an american company in Japan on a contract.

I'm currently job hunting for my next job and I was contacted by a contracting company that sends out people to different companies to do contract work. This company said that in order to register with their company, I must give them a photocopy of my passport, visa status, and scans/photocopies of all diplomas and certifications. They said that once I submit all this they will have a few jobs lined up for me.

If I was in the states I would refuse to provide so much information without signing anything yet. Is this normal in Japan? Anything I should be careful with?

Thank you for your time.
Sounds pretty normal to me, but I hope at the time you submit it you can sign a terms of use of confidentiality agreement.