JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
jml5083 (Offline)
JF Regular

AEON Corp? - 10-26-2009, 01:45 AM

I've tried emailing AEON who I've interviewed with in the past about TESL positions, but the Chicago and NY, NY email addresses seem to not work anymore. Has anyone heard anything about AEON not existing anymore? I find it hard to believe AEON tanked during this recession. I checked google news for anything about them but couldn't turn anything up.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
gaillimh (Offline)
New to JF

10-28-2009, 01:00 AM

Hey ya Aeon are still in operation, they were interviewing in London last wkend. you can get in touch with them through Aeonnet.com - Aeonnet Resources and Information.This website is for sale! youll need to type in the address not click on link from my email. aeonet .com

Hi guys,

I am applying to the JET programme 2010. The application form requires me to put down 3 preferences of places where I would like to live and teach, but having never been to Japan and knowing very few people who have, I would like your advise on where is the best place, given the choice!!

I am female in my late 20's, I am loving the japanese history and its unique culture which is drawing me to live and work in Japan.

Thanks a million
Gaillimh

Last edited by gaillimh : 10-28-2009 at 01:05 AM.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

10-28-2009, 01:12 AM

AEON are still around, and as far as I know are still hiring. Some of the larger eikaiwa schools have downsized their overseas recruiting operations due to the recently poor economy, but you should still be able to apply at their Japanese email address. Remember that AEON will require you to write a 750 work essay explaining why you want to live and work in Japan. Make sure your essay is perfect. What it says is less important than how it says it, AEON will go over it with a fine comb, looking for misspelled words and mistakes in Grammar.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Fina (Offline)
New to JF

11-09-2009, 05:18 PM

AEON is still very active and hiring.

They just hired me last week, so I can definitely say they are still around.

If you're having trouble getting in contact with one office, try calling another office and explaining that you're having difficulty and see if they help.