JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Runba (Offline)
Resident Tokusatsu Fan

Send a message via AIM to Runba Send a message via MSN to Runba Send a message via Yahoo to Runba Send a message via Skype™ to Runba
Questions about Japan :P - 11-10-2009, 11:41 AM

I might (might being a strong word for almost not likely) be moving to Japan. While I'm not into japanese comics [Manga for you sticklers) (not that much, I like it but I prefer Tokusatsu) I love american comics is it possible that there are some up to date comic book shops that sell the latest comics?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

11-10-2009, 05:46 PM

The short answer is basically "no".

I have seen very old Superman and Spiderman comics in American weekly floppy format that were translated into Japanese, but it appears that format wasn't not successful in Japan, and now they are relics in old manga shops.

You could see if online subscribers ship overseas:

The Best Online Comic Book Subscription Service: DC, Marvel Subscriptions - TFAW.com

Though it may not even be legal for them to do so, as the books are not licensed in Japan.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Runba (Offline)
Resident Tokusatsu Fan

Send a message via AIM to Runba Send a message via MSN to Runba Send a message via Yahoo to Runba Send a message via Skype™ to Runba
11-11-2009, 03:52 AM

That sucks :\ and from what I know, shipping is pretty expensive in and out of Japan.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

11-11-2009, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runba View Post
That sucks :\ and from what I know, shipping is pretty expensive in and out of Japan.
Maybe get a parent or relative or fellow fan to ship you a "comics care package" every month.