JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Hikikomori (Offline)
JF Regular

Veterinary uni/college in Japan - 01-03-2010, 12:44 AM

Hello! I'm thinking about taking my education in Japan, at a japanese university after I have finniched my bachelor in japanese language and culture, and been to japan for 6 months(included in my studies). I will decide after the trip if I want to study there more.

And my friend that shares my interest in japan and japanese also want to go there the same time as I, but she doesnt study japanese and she wants to study veterinary in japan. And she want to find a school that have english, because she know no japanese. And she don't want to study veterinary in Norway at all costs so then she thought of joining me to japan since she have been wanting to go there for a long time.(And of course she will also visit the country for a longer time before she just desides to move there for 5 years or so).

So Norway have some deals with japan and some scholaships/loans and stuff, but I just wonder if it even excists veterinary studies in japan that have english? If anyone knows anything it would be helping us big time. All info is in japanese and my kanji is far from good enough(YET) to read that stuff, so if you have any info a all about english veterinary studies in japan it would be great!

Lisa.

紀元直して来いよ来いよ、俺らの家まで
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-03-2010, 12:52 AM

PGP_cover_page

Looks like there may be some
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Hikikomori (Offline)
JF Regular

01-03-2010, 01:19 AM

You sure? After reading :

" 2. Qualification Requirements
2-3. Academic background
(1) Graduate of a School of Veterinary Medicine with a six-year course
(2) Graduate of a School of Medicine or Dentistry with a six-year course
(3) Graduate of a Graduate School Master's course
(4) Graduate of eighteen years of formal education outside of Japan
(5) Recognition by this Graduate School as having the academic ability equal to a graduate of a School of Veterinary Medicine with a six-year course "

If I'm not compleely wrong it seems like you need to have studied veterinary before you attend to this "project". But I'm not sure, I might be wrong.

Lisa

紀元直して来いよ来いよ、俺らの家まで
(#4 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-03-2010, 02:47 AM

No, I am not sure. I didn't read all the details, as it isn't my deal. "Veterinary study Japan" gave a lot of results.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
masaegu (Offline)
永遠の愛

01-03-2010, 02:47 AM

Your friend will have no chance if she doesn't want to study Japanese first. Everything is taught in Japanese in the Japanese vet schools.

Here's a list of the schools.

School of veterinary medicine in Japan
http://www.hokudai.ac.jp/veteri/ - Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Hokkaido University.
Obihiro University of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine - Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Obihiro University of Agriculture and Veterinary medicine
Faculty of Agriculture and Graduate School of Agriculture, Iwate University - Faculty of Agriculture Department of Veterinary Medicine, Iwate University.
Veterinary Medicine, Tokyo Univ. - Faculty of Agriculture Department of Veterinary Medicine, Tokyo University.
TUAT / University Facilities / Fuchu Campus Map - Faculty of Agriculture Department of Veterinary Medicine, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology
Gifu University | Faculty of Applied Biological Sciences/Graduate School of Agriculture - Faculty of Applied Biological Sciences Department of Veterinary Medicine, Gifu University
http://www.vet.osakafu-u.ac.jp/gakka_index.html - Department of Veterinary Science, School of Environmental Sciences, Osaka Prefecture University (Japanese)
Faculty of Agriculture, Tottori Univ. - Faculty of Agriculture School of Veterinary Medicine, Tottori University
staff-f-vet - Faculty of Agriculture Department of Veterinary Medicine, Yamaguchi University
Faculty of Agriculture, University of Miyazaki - Faculty of Agriculture Department of Veterinary Medicine, University of Miyazaki
Outline of Chairs Veterinary Medicine - Faculty of Agriculture Department of Veterinary Medicine, Kagoshima University
Nippon Veterinary and Life Science University [ nvlu.ac.jp ] - Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Nippon Veterinary and Life Science University
http://hp.brs.nihon-u.ac.jp/%7Evethome/ - College of Bioresource Sciences Department of Veterinary Medicine, Nihon University
http://www.azabu-u.ac.jp/index-e.html - School of Veterinary Medicine, Azabu University
RAKUNO GAKUEN UNIVERSITY/about university - School of Veterinary Medicine, Rakuno Gakuen University
http://www.kitasato-u.ac.jp/daigaku/gakubu/jui_top.html - School of Veterinary Medicine, Kitasato University (Japanese)
(#6 (permalink))
Old
masaegu (Offline)
永遠の愛

01-03-2010, 02:48 AM

double-posted
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Hikikomori (Offline)
JF Regular

01-07-2010, 12:34 AM

Thank you! : )