JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Tsuwabuki (Offline)
石路 美蔓

03-09-2010, 01:18 PM

There are ways to do it, but it does indeed mean moving with a fair bit of cash. Knowing what I know now, if I had moved here without a job, I would have needed closer to $10K. As it is, I came with $2K, and I had a job. Waiting for everything to be set up meant that $2K went pretty fast.

The best way to do it, honestly, is to stay with a friend. I have a two bedroom apartment, I have offered to put people up for a little while, as long as they're actively looking for a job, and are helping me out as much as possible with what money they do have. I pay rent regardless of my occupancy, since it is my lease.

But for most people, this just isn't possible. Especially this crowd, which I find is generally 1) underage or 2) undereducated for the positions. Clearly OP is neither. He is an adult, he does have qualifications. I just think Kyoto is a bad choice. Japan in general? Two months, tops, and he could have a decent job somewhere. It just may be in the middle of Farmsville-shi, Rural-ken.

<- AnimeMusicVideos.Org
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Decen (Offline)
New to JF

03-09-2010, 02:34 PM

That was our problem, If we were in Tokyo my wife thinks she would have gotten a job faster, but we are in a farming town near Narita. Even though she has worked in exporting so long, nobody wants to hire here because "she would be bored" They come to this conclussion because she scored almost a perfect score on the professional level english exam (TOEIC) she only missed like 5 points on listening. Its actually all worked out because she is starting an english school through ECC and that could be something the OP could look into though I don't think they would sponsor a VISA.

Oh by the way i agree on $10K maybe more but somewhere around there. The only problem is if its too rural transportation is actually necessary.

Last edited by Decen : 03-09-2010 at 02:37 PM.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
kansainet (Offline)
New to JF

03-26-2010, 05:57 AM

why dont you come to japan for a one month trip trial to se around. i dont advice to come to japan determined to find a job at any cost. your first trip will help you a lot. as an english teacher you may find a job easily but for other occupations it is not always easy and companies prefer that you:
1.speak japanese
2.have a working experience
3.are ready to work for them fo a long long time
ETC

www.kansainetwork.com <- Discover and share Japan's Life Experience