JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
FrenchLuigi (Offline)
New to JF

Work in Japan for only 1 month ? - 05-13-2010, 10:42 AM

Hello, my name is Luigi, I'm French, 26 years old and I have already spent 1 month in Japan last year and now... I'm just thinking about next time I'll come back

Actually, I was wondering if it was possible to find associations like WWOOFING (working for somebody in exchange of accommodation and food) in Japan because I really would like to try to live as a japanese person for a while. Last time I came, I was alone and not able to speak japanese so this time, I would like to come back and be sure to meet people, that's why something like WWOOFING could be a nice experience.

Of course I will offer my services, as worker but I can also offer my experience of languages (I can speak in French, English, Spanish and Italian and start to learn Japanese)

So if somebody know this kind of association, please let me know

Merci/Thanks
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Firebird (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via ICQ to Firebird Send a message via Skype™ to Firebird
05-14-2010, 03:29 AM

Yes there is Wwoofing in Japan, I am a member but never tried it .: WWOOF Japan :..
As french citizen you can also participate in the Working holiday scheme MOFA: The Working Holiday Programmes in Japan , Japan Association for Working Holiday Makers wich allows you to stay and work in Japan for up to a year. I did a year and i can give you some more information if you want to. But be aware that most jobs don´t pay to good so wwoofing is maybe better.

Back home after 1 year work and travel in Japan and 3 month in Korea: www.teglas.asia (text is in German, but see the pictures!)
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Teresa (Offline)
New to JF

05-14-2010, 09:51 AM

I think you guys have guts to work in Japan

Meet travel friends and explore the world with WorldFriends -- the International community where you can find new friends who love travel.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
FrenchLuigi (Offline)
New to JF

Merci - 05-14-2010, 10:39 AM

Thanks for your advices

As I said, the problem with Wwoofing is that I have to register on their website and I'm not sure to find a place to stay (I would like to stay near Tokyo and there are a few persons in here

So does somebody know the same kind of association ?

Working Holliday is interesting but the problem is that... I don't speak japanese so it will be a little bit difficult for me to find a normal job

By the way, thank you again for your answer Firebird.

@Teresa, why guts ?
(#5 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-14-2010, 05:25 PM

Why do you not want to register on their website?
(#6 (permalink))
Old
FrenchLuigi (Offline)
New to JF

05-14-2010, 10:21 PM

Because it's not free and I'm not guaranteed to find someone to host me.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
sarasi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-14-2010, 10:32 PM

I live in Japan and I know of no other association that will provide free room and board while staying here other than perhaps Couch Surfing, which is also not guaranteed. Almost any other option (home stay, study etc.) is going to cost you a lot more than the Wwoofing sign-up fee, so if you really want to come to Japan I suggest you part with the money- you might be glad that you did.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Wagamama (Offline)
JF Regular

05-15-2010, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchLuigi View Post
Thanks for your advices

As I said, the problem with Wwoofing is that I have to register on their website and I'm not sure to find a place to stay (I would like to stay near Tokyo and there are a few persons in here

So does somebody know the same kind of association ?

Working Holliday is interesting but the problem is that... I don't speak japanese so it will be a little bit difficult for me to find a normal job

By the way, thank you again for your answer Firebird.

@Teresa, why guts ?
hey nothing ventured nothing gained
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
05-15-2010, 07:42 AM

You know, I just glanced in here and laughed a bit.
WWOOF is to do with staying on farms, dealing with agriculture, animals, etc.

And yet you want to do that near/in Tokyo? You do realize that Tokyo isn`t exactly famous for it`s farmland, right?
Of course you aren`t going to find many places in or around Tokyo. There just isn`t as much available land for that sort of thing being as it`s a huge city.

I can`t offer any recommendations as to what would be a good plan for staying in/around Tokyo - as the cost of living is high there and people have a lot less space to just freely give out.

My suggestion is to give up on Tokyo, and go wherever. You`ll learn much more, see much more, and most likely have a better experience.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
FrenchLuigi (Offline)
New to JF

05-15-2010, 09:25 AM

Nyororin, of course I know that there are no farms in Tokyo and around but on their website, some farmers are from the Kanto so it could be interesting.

Couchsurfing is good (very good, I've already host in France a lot of people with who I'm friend now) but I don't like to use it for me, I prefer to pay or offer my services so... thank you for your advices, I'll register on the WWOOF website.