JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Burundo (Offline)
JF Regular

ALT/Job Question - 06-07-2010, 01:34 PM

EDITED: A little bit about me first: I'm 26, born and raised in the US and currently I am trying to get certified for computer programming. I have attended community college in my area where I have completed all of my English courses (my favorite subject through out school next to drama and gym). After I finish my computer programming certification, I plan on returning to college and finishing up to get my Bacheleor's Degree. I'm currently learning Japanese (self-teaching myself but I'm trying to find a Japanese class). I should also say I live the Florida Panhandle close by Panama City where Gulf Coast Community College (my college) is located with Florida State University campus right next to it.

Onto my question. I have been very much considering an ALT job to go to Japan. Do I have to go to another college though or am I fine where I am? Also, what other jobs could help me get to or travel to Japan like in computers or other businesses?

I SPELLED MY USERNAME WRONG!!!

Last edited by Burundo : 06-07-2010 at 01:39 PM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-08-2010, 12:50 AM

You need to have a BA to get a work visa in Japan. It doesn't matter what university you get it from though.

Jobs besides teaching English are not easy for westerners to get, because there's a lot of extra hassles involved for the employer. Whatever you do, it had best be something the employer can't just find any Japanese person to do.

JET Program, 1996-98, Wakayama-ken, Hashimoto-shi

Link to pictures from my time in Japan
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Burundo (Offline)
JF Regular

06-08-2010, 02:23 AM

Thank you! I am pretty soon here in the process of returning to college and finishing up my classes to get my Bachelor's. Thank you again!

I SPELLED MY USERNAME WRONG!!!