(#51 (permalink))
Old
Kayci (Offline)
The odd Gaijin :3

Send a message via MSN to Kayci
07-21-2011, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoutaro View Post
I think you missed the part where I said I hate america. Why would I sign my life away to a country I don't like...?
Dude, America can suck, yes, but you obviously wont be a success in Japan with your attitude in life in general. Do not do it for country, do it to turn your life around. (Navy/Air Force have GOOD language programs)

Coffee prevents me from killing you.
(#52 (permalink))
Old
shoutaro (Offline)
New to JF

07-21-2011, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayci View Post
Dude, America can suck, yes, but you obviously wont be a success in Japan with your attitude in life in general. Do not do it for country, do it to turn your life around. (Navy/Air Force have GOOD language programs)
Again, issues. I'm not signing my life to a country I despise. And my attitude is my own. How do YOU know that I won't be successful with this attitude, hmm? Are you living in Japan? Do you even know what my attitude is?
(#53 (permalink))
Old
Kayci (Offline)

07-21-2011, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Again, issues. I'm not signing my life to a country I despise. And my attitude is my own. How do YOU know that I won't be successful with this attitude, hmm? Are you living in Japan? Do you even know what my attitude is?
Your attitude is very plain, and I can relate with wanting to live in such a country. You expect it to solve your problems, that it will be SOOOOO much better than where you are.

Wake. Up. Its not that easy, and you are complaining about getting a degree. You know how often East Asians look down upon people without degrees? I grew up with Japanese, Chinese, and Koreans (The latter I see more of the most lately.) I am not as experienced as Nyororin or others who are living and been through it, but I am very confident when I tell you that you need to turn your life around. You only wanna get a certain degree only if its for living in a country? Why not for yourself? The experience of learning something that interests you, the experience of actually being GOOD and QUALIFIED to do something that you want to do, instead of just doing it to live in a country that may disappoint you.

(#54 (permalink))
Old
shoutaro (Offline)
New to JF

07-21-2011, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Your attitude is very plain, and I can relate with wanting to live in such a country. You expect it to solve your problems, that it will be SOOOOO much better than where you are.

Wake. Up. Its not that easy, and you are complaining about getting a degree. You know how often East Asians look down upon people without degrees? I grew up with Japanese, Chinese, and Koreans (The latter I see more of the most lately.) I am not as experienced as Nyororin or others who are living and been through it, but I am very confident when I tell you that you need to turn your life around. You only wanna get a certain degree only if its for living in a country? Why not for yourself? The experience of learning something that interests you, the experience of actually being GOOD and QUALIFIED to do something that you want to do, instead of just doing it to live in a country that may disappoint you.
>Implying I expect Japan to solve my problems
>Implying I expect it to be better than here
>Implying I think it's easy
>Implying I'm complaining about getting a degree

"You know how often East Asians look down upon people without degrees? I grew up with Japanese, Chinese, and Koreans (The latter I see more of the most lately.)"

-And I care... why? (By the way, ALL asians are from the east, fyi. AND, I'm Vietnamese.)

" You only wanna get a certain degree only if its for living in a country? Why not for yourself? The experience of learning something that interests you, the experience of actually being GOOD and QUALIFIED to do something that you want to do,..."

-See above.

"...instead of just doing it to live in a country that may disappoint you."

-You can only be disappointed if you hold some sort of standard, or expectation. And I don't.

I think we're done here.

Last edited by shoutaro : 07-21-2011 at 01:00 AM.
(#55 (permalink))
Old
Kayci (Offline)

07-21-2011, 01:57 AM

Quote:

"You know how often East Asians look down upon people without degrees? I grew up with Japanese, Chinese, and Koreans (The latter I see more of the most lately.)"

-And I care... why? (By the way, ALL asians are from the east, fyi. AND, I'm Vietnamese.)

" You only wanna get a certain degree only if its for living in a country? Why not for yourself? The experience of learning something that interests you, the experience of actually being GOOD and QUALIFIED to do something that you want to do,..."

-See above.

"...instead of just doing it to live in a country that may disappoint you."

-You can only be disappointed if you hold some sort of standard, or expectation. And I don't.

I think we're done here.
Not really. You have the expectation it should be easy for you, and that your problems will automatically become easier. That is very unrealistic. Japan has a lot of issues, and does not need some selfish people like you thinking its magicland to solve everything just because they hate the area they live in too much to try to change it.

(#56 (permalink))
Old
spicytuna (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-21-2011, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Yes. Problem?
Yes. Big problem.

In any event, you wanted to know a field of work would guarantee you a job in Japan? I'll tell you.

Due to the aging population in Japan, the field of geriatrics would be a sure fire way of living in Japan.

Graduate from med school, go to Japan and enroll in some post graduate studies in primary care medicine, get board certified and start working right away as a geriatrician.

You'll be doing a great service to yourself, the community and you'll be making the big bucks while you're at it. What else can you ask for?
(#57 (permalink))
Old
fatum (Offline)
New to JF

07-21-2011, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Sadly, greentext is not evaluated on this board.

I'd love to live in Japan one day as well, but I would like to view the country before making a final decision. From the many hours of reading relating to full time Japanese citizenship, it seems that the only means for entrance is a college degree.
(#58 (permalink))
Old
OHayou (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-21-2011, 04:11 AM

I've come to solve your problems! I'm just kidding, most of us can barely manage our own lives how the hell are we going to help you! lol

Some things I can advise (although I'm almost always against giving advice...nobody takes it!)

Personal victory proceeds Public victory. (See the 7 habits of highly effective people by Stephen Covey for more information.) So, you will have to understand the first 3 principles of the effective person are the personal victory which are:

1) You are the programmer. You have the power to write the program.
You already know you have the power to create the script for your life.
2) Write the program.
Make a plan to get there with deadlines. (I think you're at this phase.)
3) Start the program.
Put the plan into action.

You will have to measure progress to make sure you're on track and adjust accordingly when you are off track.

I think it would be fun if we all started a plan and adjusted it and maybe we could have an outline you could print out at the end !! (or maybe not lol we ARE weaboos, freaks, and geeks)

1) You already know you need to make a plan (write the program).
2) Write the program. (this is where we are right now I believe)

A) G.E.D
1-Find A qualified GED institution
2-Get handbook/study material
3-Start studying
4-Take Test
5-Results (If fail, go to step 3; else move to B)
B) College Education
1-Degree you want? (Have you thought of Communication degree?)
2-State, Private, or Community college?
3-Where?
4-Cost
C) Financial Planning
1-How much do you have?
2-How much do you need?
A) Loans?
B) Work and save?
C) Selling body for money?

Well that's a start I think...but don't worry no matter what path you take .. you'll end up miserable just like the rest of us!!!!

(#59 (permalink))
Old
shoutaro (Offline)
New to JF

07-21-2011, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Not really. You have the expectation it should be easy for you, and that your problems will automatically become easier. That is very unrealistic. Japan has a lot of issues, and does not need some selfish people like you thinking its magicland to solve everything just because they hate the area they live in too much to try to change it.
So, who are you to tell me what I'm thinking/expecting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatum View Post
Sadly, greentext is not evaluated on this board.

I'd love to live in Japan one day as well, but I would like to view the country before making a final decision. From the many hours of reading relating to full time Japanese citizenship, it seems that the only means for entrance is a college degree.
I'm well aware of both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHayou View Post
I've come to solve your problems! I'm just kidding, most of us can barely manage our own lives how the hell are we going to help you! lol

Some things I can advise (although I'm almost always against giving advice...nobody takes it!)

Personal victory proceeds Public victory. (See the 7 habits of highly effective people by Stephen Covey for more information.) So, you will have to understand the first 3 principles of the effective person are the personal victory which are:

1) You are the programmer. You have the power to write the program.
You already know you have the power to create the script for your life.
2) Write the program.
Make a plan to get there with deadlines. (I think you're at this phase.)
3) Start the program.
Put the plan into action.

You will have to measure progress to make sure you're on track and adjust accordingly when you are off track.

I think it would be fun if we all started a plan and adjusted it and maybe we could have an outline you could print out at the end !! (or maybe not lol we ARE weaboos, freaks, and geeks)

1) You already know you need to make a plan (write the program).
2) Write the program. (this is where we are right now I believe)

A) G.E.D
1-Find A qualified GED institution
2-Get handbook/study material
3-Start studying
4-Take Test
5-Results (If fail, go to step 3; else move to B)
B) College Education
1-Degree you want? (Have you thought of Communication degree?)
2-State, Private, or Community college?
3-Where?
4-Cost
C) Financial Planning
1-How much do you have?
2-How much do you need?
A) Loans?
B) Work and save?
C) Selling body for money?

Well that's a start I think...but don't worry no matter what path you take .. you'll end up miserable just like the rest of us!!!!

Stephen Covey? And I'm not a weeaboo, nice try though. And you're a little late with the GED thing, I've managed to obtain my diploma. College degree (according to everyone here) is mandatory. Nah, I won't be miserable, I may not be happy, but I'd be content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicytuna View Post
Yes. Big problem.

In any event, you wanted to know a field of work would guarantee you a job in Japan? I'll tell you.

Due to the aging population in Japan, the field of geriatrics would be a sure fire way of living in Japan.

Graduate from med school, go to Japan and enroll in some post graduate studies in primary care medicine, get board certified and start working right away as a geriatrician.

You'll be doing a great service to yourself, the community and you'll be making the big bucks while you're at it. What else can you ask for?
This is a good reccomendation, but, two problems I see; One) What happens when all the old people are gone? Two) If I'm not mistaken medical fields are not only the most expensive, but also take the longest to achieve.
(#60 (permalink))
Old
OHayou (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-21-2011, 12:18 PM

Quote:
[snip]

Stephen Covey? And I'm not a weeaboo, nice try though. And you're a little late with the GED thing, I've managed to obtain my diploma. College degree (according to everyone here) is mandatory. Nah, I won't be miserable, I may not be happy, but I'd be content.

[snip]
Yeah, Stephen Covey is a great guy. You should check out his 7 habits of highly effective people. and LOL i wasn't calling YOU a weeaboo, so don't get so defensive! Hey, Congratulations on the GED. That's a step in the right direction. College seems to be mandatory for this situation so have you thought of the degree program? Or how you are going to pay for it?