JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Living in Japan (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/living-japan/)
-   -   Getting degree at japanese college? (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/living-japan/35624-getting-degree-japanese-college.html)

Ginko 01-13-2011 11:48 PM

Getting degree at japanese college?

Hi, so from what i've gathered, you need a 4 year degree to get a work visa in Japan. I dont want to go to college here (Canada), so my idea was...Could I get a degree at a Japanese college that would allow me to get a work visa. Obviously i would have to learn the language.

PS. I played high school baseball for my Province in Canada (British Columbia). And i was wondering if i could get a Work Visa to help teach Baseball to kids or something along those lines.

WingsToDiscovery 01-14-2011 08:13 AM

You would need to learn Japanese to the collegiate level, which would be a serious waste of time if you're already not in school, just because you'd like to attend a Japanese university. Do something with your life.

MMM 01-14-2011 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WingsToDiscovery (Post 846437)
You would need to learn Japanese to the collegiate level, which would be a serious waste of time if you're already not in school, just because you'd like to attend a Japanese university. Do something with your life.

How about we try to give more positive answers to questions to new members, then completely take a dump on their ideas? How about that?

WingsToDiscovery 01-14-2011 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 846438)
How about we try to give more positive answers to questions to new members, then completely take a dump on their ideas? How about that?

It's better to be honest then to pump their a**es with rainbows. A college freshman could finish their bachelor's before the average person could learn Japanese at a basically native level.

Ginko 01-14-2011 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WingsToDiscovery (Post 846441)
It's better to be honest then to pump their a**es with rainbows. A college freshman could finish their bachelor's before the average person could learn Japanese at a basically native level.

alright bud calm down, if you dont like what ive posted, then continue on to the next one, its not like everyone goes here specifically to see what you posted

WingsToDiscovery 01-14-2011 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginko (Post 846446)
alright bud calm down, if you dont like what ive posted, then continue on to the next one, its not like everyone goes here specifically to see what you posted

It's not that I don't like what you've posted. I'm just being honest.

spicytuna 01-14-2011 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginko (Post 846402)
Hi, so from what i've gathered, you need a 4 year degree to get a work visa in Japan. I dont want to go to college here (Canada), so my idea was...Could I get a degree at a Japanese college that would allow me to get a work visa. Obviously i would have to learn the language.

Why would you go through the hassle of learning a foreign language only to pay ridiculous tuition fees when you can graduate from a prestigious university like UBC?

My suggestion would be to get a 1yr working holiday visa to visit Japan to see if it's really worth it.

MMM 01-14-2011 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spicytuna (Post 846514)
Why would you go through the hassle of learning a foreign language only to pay ridiculous tuition fees when you can graduate from a prestigious university like UBC?

My suggestion would be to get a 1yr working holiday visa to visit Japan to see if it's really worth it.

I agree, with a working holiday visa, you have a very good chance of finding work as a baseball coach.

Ginko 01-14-2011 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 846518)
I agree, with a working holiday visa, you have a very good chance of finding work as a baseball coach.

yea well my big master plan is to go to language school for a year, and then after that (if i choose to stay longer), try to get a full time work visa as a baseball coach to kids or something. But i dont have a degree, i have just played and excelled in the sport all my life.

so do you think they would grant me a visa?

Sitron 01-14-2011 10:36 PM

You could always go to a business school where they have courses in English.