JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Sticky (Offline)
New to JF

Looking for "Mitsuo Hidemi" - 09-12-2011, 09:07 AM

Hi Japanese pals,

I am looking for a guy called "Mitsuo Hidemi" i met on my visit to Thailand in Feb 2009.

The story is, i met this really nice guy on my visit to Bangkok back in 2009. I was sitting on the hotel lobby chair and he came asking if i was a Japanese ,i told him that i was a Chinese, and then we start talking with the help of his electronic dictionary which was his only companion in Thailand. We were staying in the same hotel, we even traveled together to another city, i helped him send emails to his wife and daughter back home, he took me to some really cool places listed in his travel guide, i was really amazed how a person not knowing a word of English is out there all alone for a whole month!!!

Anyway, he was there for over a month and i was there for 2 weeks only, we walked around the streets together, visited parks, sat in the coffee shops talked through his dictionary and had pretty much fun together.

What i regret is, in the last few days i got quite rude to him, and i start talking loudly, really frustrated that he cannot understand me and i was tired of using the dictionary and still not being able to deliver my point.

If anyone here knows him or if this post reaches this person, i want to say, i am so sorry for not being nice to you, i don't know what went wrong with me, even though i could have been really nice but i was not.

You were one of the many nicest people i met during my travels and i really enjoyed your company. You were very friendly and father like to me, and you treated me just like your beautiful daughter. You have taken me to a lot of cool places i couldn't have been by myself, you made my trip memorable. Every time i think of or talk of that trip i think and talk about you, and then it makes me really sad that i was rude to you. You are one of the bravest traveler i have ever met.

I don't know if you still travel. I am still traveling around and on my each trip, i think of you and the days we spent together communicating using an electronic dictionary.

I tried to find the email address you gave me to send email to your wife, but unfortunately i deleted my sent email items and your wife never replied to my email. I even regret not having a single pic of you.

If this post ever reaches you, please accept my apology, and drop me a line if you still have my email address saved with you. If not, please know that i am really sorry and that you are a very very nice and brave person.

I wish you good luck, good health and success.

Last edited by Sticky : 09-12-2011 at 09:09 AM. Reason: spelling mistakes