JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

04-27-2007, 02:35 AM

if you can do all, read, write and speak. then you are going to be very marketable

my japanese skill far from perfect, but enough to express my ideas and opinions and ask question with the help of body language and flow charts.

so if your japanese skill is not yet good, target those big companies that deal with international clients like NEC, Sharp, Mitsubishi, Ricoh, Epson. Most if not all their engineers can speak/understand english.

Try searching in JDV international site..

*** Omnia Muntantor, Nihil Interit ***

My Japan Life

-------------------------------------
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
04-27-2007, 03:48 AM

My husband works in IT, and his hours aren`t that horrible.
I think that really just depends on what you`re working on, and how skilled the people who made the development plan are. If they suck at making development plans, there won`t be enough time, and you`ll be working constantly.

It seems like so few people realize that, and end up blaming the wrong people for their long hours.

Anyway, my husband`s normal work schedule is from 9am to 6pm. Because he manages the in company servers too, he generally stays about an hour later after everyone leaves to check their status, fix problems, etc when it won`t cause trouble with most workers or customers. So usually he leaves at 7pm. So, really like 8 hours work? Because he has 1 hour lunch, and an hour worth of breaks in the day. But because he is there 10 hours, he gets overtime for it too.

So not everybody works like 16 hours a day.

Of course, sometimes he`s busy, usually toward the end of a big project, and will be at work until like 12am, but that`s usually only a couple weeks a year.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
ShibaInu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-27-2007, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samokan View Post
if you can do all, read, write and speak. then you are going to be very marketable

my japanese skill far from perfect, but enough to express my ideas and opinions and ask question with the help of body language and flow charts.

so if your japanese skill is not yet good, target those big companies that deal with international clients like NEC, Sharp, Mitsubishi, Ricoh, Epson. Most if not all their engineers can speak/understand english.

Try searching in JDV international site..
**body language and flow charts** lol..i have had the same experience here with my chinese colleagues once in a while...

nwayz, i'm taking notes of all ur tips...thanks again samokan-san!

PS: the JDV intl site seems like a very good job-hunting site indeed...i'll try to check it out more closely later. ..

Japan does not understand very well that one of its proudest cultural achievements is in film--- Akira Kurosawa
(#14 (permalink))
Old
ShibaInu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-27-2007, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
My husband works in IT, and his hours aren`t that horrible.
I think that really just depends on what you`re working on, and how skilled the people who made the development plan are. If they suck at making development plans, there won`t be enough time, and you`ll be working constantly.

It seems like so few people realize that, and end up blaming the wrong people for their long hours.

Anyway, my husband`s normal work schedule is from 9am to 6pm. Because he manages the in company servers too, he generally stays about an hour later after everyone leaves to check their status, fix problems, etc when it won`t cause trouble with most workers or customers. So usually he leaves at 7pm. So, really like 8 hours work? Because he has 1 hour lunch, and an hour worth of breaks in the day. But because he is there 10 hours, he gets overtime for it too.

So not everybody works like 16 hours a day.

Of course, sometimes he`s busy, usually toward the end of a big project, and will be at work until like 12am, but that`s usually only a couple weeks a year.
that's encouraging to know...i guess, i wouldn't have to regret working as an IT worker (if it ever happens) in Japan after all...thanks!

Japan does not understand very well that one of its proudest cultural achievements is in film--- Akira Kurosawa
(#15 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

04-27-2007, 07:45 AM

another helpful site would be http://type.jp/
-> this one is all japenese ..

*** Omnia Muntantor, Nihil Interit ***

My Japan Life

-------------------------------------