JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
leonardoStylish (Offline)
New to JF

What are the chances? - 02-02-2012, 06:55 PM

Hi, I'm looking for some advice but I'd like you to tell me if it is from someone who has experienced it.

As some of here has asked the question: "How can I live in Japan?" I was wondering what things I should really take into count.

First, you need to know I am 19-year-old guy living in Barcelona city. I thought it may be a really good idea living in Japan. I've heard the testimony of some people living in poverty (my case) and traveling to Japan having a good experience. I don't mean my wishes will come true certainly but to say that chances are there. Of course it is risky and something I should really plan and reflect on. But if they had that chance why wouldn't I have it? I don't want you think of me as if were insane, but to understand my feelings. That is way I asked for people who really had contacts or someone with the experience to tell me what I could do.

I have not yet decided if becoming either an English teacher or going into computer programming for the reason that the second is not as stimulating as the first one. Besides is there any luck I could work as a teacher in Japan?

Secondly, if I had to live from part-time job there wouldn't be any problem.
So I expect a thorough and calmed point-of-view of yours. Don't criticize and help me instead in as long as you can.

So see you...!

P.D: My Japanese level is enough to keep a daily life conversation. And yes, I study by myself

Last edited by leonardoStylish : 02-02-2012 at 06:58 PM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

02-02-2012, 11:23 PM

In order to live there legally and work there legally, one almost always has to have a degree from a university (4 year college). Japan isn't going to accept you apart from being a temporary visitor (tourist) unless you either have a student visa or a working visa (you need a sponsor). Why don't you ask the question in a forum where there are real people there, not filled with spambot like this one. Go to Japanologic Forums • Portal and ask your questions. You'll get honest answers, perhaps not the answers you want to hear, but it will be real advice.

P.S. Real Madrid is 7 points ahead! Aupa Madrid!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
leonardoStylish (Offline)
New to JF

02-04-2012, 12:30 PM

Ok, thank you both of you for your replies. In fact what it really matters is your real experience in Japan. There aren't things I want or not to hear, just the ones that you've lived so far.
I'll ask in that forum and see what they can tell me.
So I need a 4-year-collegue to get there?
This case sounds me like Hector Garcia's life. I don't know if you know him but I recommend you to visit his blog "Kirainet", very famous at least in Spain.
Enter to the English website. But in the English one you cannot see the author's related info which is very interesting.

So there is not any other way to get there? For example through language exchange or something alike?

In fact I know Japan is not for making a fortune out of it. Just because is a country I do like. I think mow things seems clearer to me.

Perhaps Canada/USA is better for the purpose of getting rich?

Finally, I'd be interested in exchanging ideas and emails if you you wish so as to practice some Japanese. You see, all this came to all of a sudden when I met some Japanese people who I could spoke with. And by now, I am not skillful enough to deepen into a conversation, but that is another topic.

See ya soon.