JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Pacho (Offline)
New to JF

Do a lot of Japanese eat Ashitaba, any danger? - 02-14-2012, 10:29 PM

I was introduced to the herb Ashitaba which locally is called Tomorrow Leaf, which is as I was told called Ashitaba in Japan.

It is very rich in nutrients and very good for health and long life: those are the reports.

I even read that in Japan it is compulsory (on whose order though) for Japanese to eat Ashitaba.

I have started to eat everyday some perhaps as much as ten (10) leaves of Ashitabla -- given by a good friend who is growing this plant in her garden, it grows very well and fast.

I have tried to read about the dangers of this leaf in the internet but can't come across any report; on the other hand there is no instruction about what is the proper dosage -- except for already processed Ashitaba based food supplements.

What I like to know from Japanese is whether in fact Japanese do eat this leaf or the food supplements based on this lead: for its rich nutrients and also medicinal virtues.

Then also how much as to not be excessive should a user limit himself to, so that he is not into consuming too much -- on the assumption that too much of anything is not advisable.

Thanks for any information.

Pacho