JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
JayMei (Offline)
New to JF

Smile message to anyone living in Japan thats into cars? - 06-23-2007, 12:00 PM

Hi,

My name is Jamie, I live in Adelaide, which is in South Australia.
Me and all of my mates drive different japanese imported vehicles.
Recently we have started driving Aristo's/GS300/JZS147 and in Australia it is very hard to get parts, and the parts we get are very expensive because the people bringing them in are making huge ammounts of money on top.

I want to ask if anyone would be interested to buy (with my money) relatively easy to get parts (In japan) and send them to me (At my expense).
Also, I would be happy to pay some for your trouble and time.

eMail me if anyone is interested?

Thankyou, Jamie
(#2 (permalink))
Old
jasonbvr (Offline)
TrixR4Kidz

06-24-2007, 01:01 AM

You are very trusting of people you've never met. I would say yes, but I really don't have the language ability to do it. What kind of parts are you looking for? Also, are those the names of the Japanese models of the cars or are they different in Australia? I know that in the US, Japanese cars often have different names than their counterparts here.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
SgtBeavis (Offline)
JF Regular

06-24-2007, 03:31 AM

You'd be surprised how many people want Japanese Domestic Market (JDM) cars or parts. It is almost impossible for an individual in the US to do it. A company has to buy the car and get it certified for driving in the US. So far, in the US, the only car that was done like that from the JDM was the Skyline and now that business is about to die because Nissan is finally importing the Skyline to the US.

But I digress. I understand where this fella is coming from. JDM cars and parts are expensive but people love to have them. I would KILL to get a chance to buy a Crown Majesta. Unfortunately I don't live in Japan any more.

My Father In Law, who lives in Hadano, told me that I could buy one and he would "keep it" for me.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
JayMei (Offline)
New to JF

06-24-2007, 10:51 AM

I have had a few JDM cars, which have all been great, but this new one is causing me headaches for parts.

Its a Lexus GS300 in the US, Toyota Aristo/JZS147 is Japan and Australia.

I'm trusting because I'd first get something small, and work my way up with the person, build a good personall/business relationship.

We're not talking big money making things here :P