JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
MayumiPe (Offline)
New to JF

Hello! Job,living,whatelse - 07-03-2007, 02:26 PM

Hello guys!
I'm a spanish girl (19), and I'm moving to Japan this month, just to spend the summer there, know the people and the culture, eat some sushi and work!
I got some Japanese family, but they dont live in Japan no more, but i really want to know and learn about that culture. But i got some problems, i mean, many people told me its easy to find a job in Japan, even if you dont speak japanese. IS IT TRUE?? because i'm looking for a job, you know, I cant stay there all the summer without doing nothing.

I'm studying Marketing & Public Relations, and i also work as Public Relations in a famous Disco Club, here in Spain, and sometimes as bartender too.
I've worked about one year as babysitter with two lovely kids.
I dont speak Japanese, but I can speak Portuguese, Spanish and English.

I just want some help and some information about finding jobs. I know it's quite difficul to find a job because I dont speak Japanese, but is it impossible t all? Where do I have to find? Should I go even if I havent job yet?
All that things...

Thanks a lot, Mayumi
(#2 (permalink))
Old
YouHadMeAtASL (Offline)
New to JF

07-09-2007, 10:09 PM

Hey there,
Not sure about your situation, but I know that I needed to get a Working Visa to be legally able to work in Japan. Without a working visa, it is illegal for a company to hire you. This strictness of this may vary depending on the work you'll be looking for. I've heard that many of the gaijin bars will hire foreigners. I have a feeling it's going to be hard to find a job that isn't somehow related to "foreignness" if you aren't able to speak Japanese.
G'luck though!