JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Living in Japan (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/living-japan/)
-   -   Teen Pregnancy (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/living-japan/6324-teen-pregnancy.html)

cocoluvnihon 07-19-2007 07:49 PM

Teen Pregnancy

We all know that teen pregnancy is quite common in America :rolleyes: , but I know is not as common in Japan. For anyone that lives there, is getting more common or how's the situation....

HIalchemist 07-19-2007 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cocoluvnihon (Post 183487)
We all know that teen pregnancy is quite common in America :rolleyes: , but I know is not as common in Japan. For anyone that lives there, is getting more common or how's the situation....

When I lived there it was unheard of,accually Japan's population is decreasing and parents are getting payed ¥50,000 just to have a second child,and even double for a third...so yeah.:)

ShibaInu 07-19-2007 11:47 PM

i've not been to Japan yet but i've heard that japanese girls are well educated with contraceptives and other birth contol stuff so teen pregnancy is not a common issue there...

cocoluvnihon 07-20-2007 08:00 AM

that's good but yea... one my friends i just graduated with *class of 06' is pregnant eek yea post high school expect the unexpected meaning pregnancies and marriage :rolleyes:

Abasio 07-20-2007 08:03 AM

I've only met one lady who got pregnant young! She's about 22 & has a 5 year old daughter.
There are no religious groups lobbying against contraceptives (or non that I've noticed) so I guess kids can actually be educated properly :cool:
Amazing how that happens isn't it?

tiki808 07-20-2007 08:08 AM

one of my friends got pregnant her sophmore year.. atleast she kept the baby :D i remember having this lady come in my sophmore year and showing us how to put a condom on(she used this wooden thing) it was really awkward atleast we're learning about safe sex and abstinence

Albee3B 07-20-2007 08:17 AM

yeah thats interesting...i actually havent heard of any problems with teen pregnancies in japan...dunno. But yeah, as much as they try to educate the youth today about contraception...not everything goes as planned.

a classmate of mine got pregnant when she was 16 but she's a great mom and even graduated early to get a job and be with her baby (he's adorable btw:rheart: :rheart: )

although...my ex cousin (by almost marriage) got his gf pregnant while he was living with his dad (his dad is japanese and he moved in with him after high school)....but other than that...meh. i dunno:confused:

i think Forrest Gump's mom said it best "life is like a box of chocolates...you never know what you're gonna get" :vsign:

ButterflyDemise 07-21-2007 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HIalchemist (Post 183497)
When I lived there it was unheard of,accually Japan's population is decreasing and parents are getting payed ¥50,000 just to have a second child,and even double for a third...so yeah.:)

Are you serious? I knew the population is decreasing, but are they really paying them after they have children? Wow, haha.

HIalchemist 07-21-2007 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiki808 (Post 183964)
one of my friends got pregnant her sophmore year.. atleast she kept the baby :D i remember having this lady come in my sophmore year and showing us how to put a condom on(she used this wooden thing) it was really awkward atleast we're learning about safe sex and abstinence

AAAAHAAAA,HA,HA,*cough*HAAAAA,A-A,wooden weiner! Thatz what I call 'stiff' I'd hate wakin up with that hard wood.:vsign:

Acidreptile 07-21-2007 07:54 PM

The population may be decreasing,but at least they don't have that problem of teenager pregnant,which is very common at places like USA and Brazil.