JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
chiksonZ (Offline)
New to JF

Exclamation College Preporatory Course - 08-01-2007, 10:27 AM

I decided to go to japan for a college preporatory course for 2 years. i started researching about a week ago and the most of the schools that i liked ask for a japanese guarantor. does anybody have any suggestions about what should i do?
thanks in advadvance
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Yggdrazzil (Offline)
Gone since 02-08-2007

Send a message via MSN to Yggdrazzil
08-01-2007, 10:31 AM

All I could find is this

Quote:
A guarantor is essentially a person (usually an employer) willing to accept responsibility for your behavior while you're in Japan. The guarantor is responsible for paying for a gaijin's return ticket home if he or she is in trouble.
From here

I searched some on google with the eterm Japanese Guarantor, and I saw some sites offering services as Guarantor, but I find them all quite..dodgy looking if you know what I mean. Maybe there is a government approved organisation that can provide you with a Guarantor? meh >.< I should have left answering this to a japanese person

Bye

Last edited by Yggdrazzil : 08-01-2007 at 10:34 AM.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
chiksonZ (Offline)
New to JF

08-01-2007, 10:39 AM

thanx for a quick reply. i think your quote is true if you are going for working. thats what i found on the website of one of the schools

"All other applicants must have a relative, or Japanese national with strong ties to the applicant's family, living in the Kanto region of Japan (Tokyo area) act as their guarantor. This person must contact the school to arrange an interview, to be conducted at the school, during regular business hours.

Fiances, acquaitances, or friends will not be accepted.

Unfortunately, SNG can not accept applications from anyone lacking a suitable guarantor. Long-standing business related friends or friends of the applicant's family may be acceptable in certain circumstances."