i sure like to meet your host family lol

(#32 (permalink))
Old
LoreZyra (Offline)
New to JF

Arrow Kids' forum? - 08-17-2007, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaginumaEki View Post
I never said it was a "life" experience. It was just my experience in Japan. I don't understand why you mentioned people saying your Japanese was good.
Plus, most of the people here are of highschool or college age, and they're all worried about going to Japan for some reason or other. ... Again, they didn't really have any problems. Maybe it's because we're kids. But whatever. No need to flame.
When you've been in Japan for a number of years, you will understand what I'm talking about... "jouzu desu ne..." 「上手ですね。。。」 Sure, you can look at it as encouraging... And all kids should be encouraged... But when you've lived in Japan for 10years and you're in your late 20's... it gets annoying. Eventually, they will sincerely compliment your language skills... telling you that you have truly mastered the language... And that takes at least a decade to accomplish...

Now that you mention it, most of the posts here do have the "kids" attitude/sound to it... I'm not a "kid" anymore. I'm in my late 20's and looking to experience the dream I had as a "kid." Now that I can afford it, I will go...

Don't take offense to objective critizism... I'm in no way lashing out at you... rather I'm simply pointing out that I've seen many things that you may not have seen...

Free will is rarely given freely
(#33 (permalink))
Old
SaginumaEki (Offline)
JF Regular

08-17-2007, 02:21 AM

Cool, so why don't you talk about your experiences? I'm sure others will want to hear them. These are mine. And I'm sure others will find it applicable when they're traveling to Japan.
(#34 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

08-17-2007, 11:53 AM

well just want to share my life too..but its too many( i think ) and tiresome to write it all again.. so i will just share my blog here.. if you are interested go ahead a read it

about my new found sports: dragonboat
Journey

my so-called life and experience in the Land of the Rising Son
Journey

*** Omnia Muntantor, Nihil Interit ***

My Japan Life

-------------------------------------