Old
ARCFLASH (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to ARCFLASH
08-20-2010, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KylieHJensen View Post
Nyororin.

The story of your life was very touching and smiliar to mine with the exception that I grew up in Taiwan and spent my teenage years in United States. My parents are from 2 separate worlds, (father Norway, mother Taiwan.) I was born in Norway and moved to Taiwan at the age of 3. I spent the next 10 years there before my mother passed away from cancer.

When I was young, my father was never that responsible and after the death of my mother, he moved back to United States (where my parents first met) and left us in Taiwan. My sister and I stayed with my uncle in Taiwan a year before we decided to look for our father in America.

My father lived in New York, and the school system was not an ideal place for us to be educated. I continued to have problems coping with the loss of my mother, ran into trouble in school and got addicted to cocaine.

At the age of 16, I ran away from home and for the next 2 months on the streets and with people who I would never associate with today. Long story short, I overdosed and almost killed myself but was lucky enough to be rescued by someone who found me unconscious. At that time, I was yet fluent in English and found myself questioned by police in the hospital and that was the lowest point of my life. Perhaps the incident woke my father up and from that moment he began to take responsibility for us by quitting his job and moved us to Maryland (an area that was much safer) It was there, I went through rehab, focused on my academics, went to college and obtain my doctrine in psychology.

I was no where near as strong as you, but I can relate to the time when I ran away from home. Like you, I was in a country where I had no cultural knowledge and background, I felt lost and yet tried to survive on my own. This is also the major difference between us, you succeeded where I failed.

Life is hard for some of us, yet we make the most of it. I salut you for the ability tobeen able to succeed in a way that you did and look forward to become a good friend with you online.

I will be in Japan (okinawa, tokyo, and Fukushima) this fall and if you have some time, I'd like to meet you for a coffee. I am not sure where you reside and I'm not all that familiar with Japan.

My name is Kylie Jensen. I am 26 and of Norwegian/Taiwan descendant who travels the world whenever I can.
I love you <333333333 lmao xD
Old
ARCFLASH (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to ARCFLASH
08-20-2010, 09:00 PM

Is it possible to work in Japan as a Welder? or in any other trade?

I heard you can only work in Japan if you have a bachelors in something lol
Old
Sakusakusakura (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to Sakusakusakura
Question Japaneses langauage school - 08-23-2010, 05:49 AM

When international students start to thik about coming to Japan to study, how do you get information?
Where is the most attractive place to study and live in?
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

08-28-2010, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakusakusakura View Post
When international students start to thik about coming to Japan to study, how do you get information?
Where is the most attractive place to study and live in?
Google. You search for places that accept international students, and then see if the institutions fit your needs.

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography
Old
Henrivano (Offline)
New to JF

Interested in learn japanesse and go to japan - 09-03-2010, 05:32 AM

Hello, i reed tour story and its very incredible. I was born in Canada and at the age of five my family and me went to Chile because my parents are both chilien. Well, now i'd comeback to Canada. I left my litle son of 5 years old in Chile so im trying to looking the best place to bring him and at the same time im trying to make a career. So, in this minute im studying french and as i think you will notesse my inglish its not so good... So I want to go to university to improuve my inglish and learn japanesse.
All this idea started because in my first level of french there was a japanesse girl who had become my friend so i tried to learn a litle bit of her laguage and she also show me some things of her country, but what i really want to know is how hard its to get there for a foreigne and start a life, it is hard to find jobs? Cause i have a son and if i go there i can not skip one month by not send him the money of his school. It is expensive the life in japan? How can i get there with a contrat Job, it is pssible?
And of corsé im realy intrested in the martial arts i hears that you can learn ninja technics there.
Well i hope you can answer my questions and if you cant thank anyway. Goodbye good luck in everything

Last edited by Henrivano : 09-03-2010 at 05:39 AM.
Old
AnaSarich (Offline)
New to JF

Start up costs - 10-07-2010, 03:37 PM

Hiya

I'm saving to move to Tokyo hopefully early 2012 and was wanting to know what the start up living costs are.

Setting up house, furnished or unfurnished and furniture costs, bank accounts and anything else associated with starting up.

I'm a freelancing photographer and also a restaurant manager but wanting to do photographer full-time.

Thanks a bunch
Old
umstah (Offline)
New to JF

10-28-2010, 08:53 AM

i live in japan! tokyo to be exact. i work in shinbashi, so if anyone is in that area, please contact me!
Old
tokyo88 (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to tokyo88 Send a message via Yahoo to tokyo88 Send a message via Skype™ to tokyo88
Red face hi - 11-18-2010, 09:44 PM

I tried to have mumbusho scholarship but I field
I want to live in Japan that is the onely thing that I want to do in my life
I found no solution
I will do the same thing as you bro
I will travel there but do you think I can find a job there ?

I'm from Tunisia I speak Arabic, French, English and a little bit Japanese and I'm a web and motion graphic designer
Old
TakuSolis (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to TakuSolis Send a message via Skype™ to TakuSolis
12-25-2010, 07:34 AM

Intense story nyororin! :] very inspiring.
Old
never2cruel (Offline)
New to JF

12-26-2010, 02:14 AM

Hello,

I just thought of joining the discussion as I am interested in learning more about the Japanese Culture.

I know much about their language already. Fluent in Hiragana and Romanji but not Katakana or Kanji.