JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Living in Japan (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/living-japan/)
-   -   I live in Japan! (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/living-japan/759-i-live-japan.html)

SSJup81 04-21-2008 12:49 AM

I'm assuming places like Harajuku on like the weekends, right, where you'd find people dressed in such attire.

Nyororin 04-21-2008 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSJup81 (Post 467074)
I'm assuming places like Harajuku on like the weekends, right, where you'd find people dressed in such attire.

That`s about right - around here, you can find them around the Nagoya TV tower, or in certain parts of Sakae. (I forget the name for the part, as I don`t hang out around there. I never was much into Sakae...)

Kenpachi11 04-21-2008 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyororin (Post 9955)
Just thought I`d volunteer any info that anyone needs...

I live in Japan, not in Tokyo, and have lived here for almost 9 years now. I basically came to Japan with nothing (On my own, not part of any program, not as a teacher, with almost no money, etc) when I was 17, and have been here pretty much ever since.

I`m now married, and *own* a home. I`m willing to answer pretty much any questions about real life in Japan - not the English teacher in Tokyo type stuff... Because that`s only like 0.1% of reality. (Not to offend any of the English teachers in Tokyo or anything though.)

We usually try and help other people who are/were in the same boat as I was when I came to Japan (Bad family life, etc), but last year a girl we let stay with us really screwed us over so we have stopped for the time being. But I really want to help people, so if I can in any way please ask!

(Oh, and I think I mentioned a lot more stuff in my intro in the introductions thread, so...)

How did you get them to let you stay in japan? Because ppl on here are telling me you have to have a visa or something like that.

Hatredcopter 04-21-2008 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenpachi11 (Post 467211)
How did you get them to let you stay in japan? Because ppl on here are telling me you have to have a visa or something like that.

Nyororin is married to a Japanese national, and thus she qualifies for the spousal visa.

Kenpachi11 04-21-2008 02:18 AM

But she said she moved to japan when she was 17.

Hatredcopter 04-21-2008 02:23 AM

See: this

You can bounce in and out of Japan on tourist visas, although that's not very recommended at all if you want to settle into having a career and a life in Japan.

Kenpachi11 04-21-2008 02:28 AM

Ah okay thank you very much i didnt see that. Do you know how much a plane ticket would cost?

Hatredcopter 04-21-2008 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenpachi11 (Post 467252)
Ah okay thank you very much i didnt see that. Do you know how much a plane ticket would cost?

Well, it varies greatly depending on the time of year that you go. The summer can be hundreds of dollars more expensive than other times of the year. You might expect to pay anywhere from $1200-$1400 in the upcoming months. During other times of the year I've gotten prices as low as $700 roundtrip.

Kenpachi11 04-21-2008 02:43 AM

Well i want a roundtrip. what season/month is best to go in?

MMM 04-21-2008 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenpachi11 (Post 467291)
Well i want a roundtrip. what season/month is best to go in?

It depends on what you are interested in, where you want to go and what you want to see? Do you prefer it hot or cold? Are you interested in urban activities or outdoor and nature? Historical or modern?