(#11 (permalink))
Old
jasonbvr (Offline)
TrixR4Kidz

10-19-2007, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt19261 View Post
i have a few more question.
1. Can you stay in japan for a long period of time without being a citizen?
2.if so, how long if so how long?
3. i've heard a few things about Temple University. But i'm not quite sure if it's a good school. Can anyone tell me about it?
sorry if these are stupid questions!!!
1. Not without a visa of some sort.
2. Without a visa, three months. With one, depends on the visa.
3. Yes, good. Do I know about it? No. I know the grad program for TESL is 20k USD.

A lot of people ask this question about going to an actual Japanese university and then I always have to google for this site again, or at least when I am feeling generous enough to find it for you, so go here EJU-JASSO

The level of Japanese you will need is about a JLPT 1 or above. JLPT 1 is basically the level of Japanese that Japanese people are at when they finish junior high school. Which is good, but it is not the level that they enter university at.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
matt19261 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-25-2007, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbvr View Post
1. Not without a visa of some sort.
2. Without a visa, three months. With one, depends on the visa.
3. Yes, good. Do I know about it? No. I know the grad program for TESL is 20k USD.

A lot of people ask this question about going to an actual Japanese university and then I always have to google for this site again, or at least when I am feeling generous enough to find it for you, so go here EJU-JASSO

The level of Japanese you will need is about a JLPT 1 or above. JLPT 1 is basically the level of Japanese that Japanese people are at when they finish junior high school. Which is good, but it is not the level that they enter university at.
thx for responding. thx for the website also. helped alot
(#13 (permalink))
Old
TokyoFerrari (Offline)
The white guy in Tokyo

10-26-2007, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt19261 View Post
thx for responding. thx for the website also. helped alot
Having a degree from a university in America and then coming to work in Japan will be more benificial. I dont think i would ever hire a person who is non japanese that graduated from a Japanese university. Unless you want to work for a company like NTT or some Japanese domestic company. You will hate that. Get your degree there. Apply for a position here and get what is called an ex-pat package. Life is good then.