JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Peaches (Offline)
New to JF

Moving To Japan..NEED ADVICE & HELP! - 10-04-2007, 05:50 PM

I am a 17 year old student planning on moving to japan in year '09 after I finish highschool. I Live in canada and I am just wondering how much do I need to survive as a teenager in Japan. What kind of lifestyle am I going to face living there, and wheres the best place for me to start?

Also, do you think I am to young to be living in a new place on my own? what kind of work and schools that I would have to attend? is it going to be hard for me to adjust to this new lifestyle.

ahaha I know I am asking alot of questions. I am just a little nervous. This has been on my mind for almost a year, and I really want to move to Japan; so that I could learn the culture and language. I am not moving for sure in '09, but it all depends on my education here.. I just want to make plans, and set goals for myself, so that I know what I am doing when I finish highschool.

soo Please can someone brighten up my path by helping me know a little bit more..
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-04-2007, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaches View Post
I am a 17 year old student planning on moving to japan in year '09 after I finish highschool. I Live in canada and I am just wondering how much do I need to survive as a teenager in Japan. What kind of lifestyle am I going to face living there, and wheres the best place for me to start?

Also, do you think I am to young to be living in a new place on my own? what kind of work and schools that I would have to attend? is it going to be hard for me to adjust to this new lifestyle.

ahaha I know I am asking alot of questions. I am just a little nervous. This has been on my mind for almost a year, and I really want to move to Japan; so that I could learn the culture and language. I am not moving for sure in '09, but it all depends on my education here.. I just want to make plans, and set goals for myself, so that I know what I am doing when I finish highschool.

soo Please can someone brighten up my path by helping me know a little bit more..
I don't think that's too young, as you will be 19, but what do you plan on doing there? You must either have a job or school arranged in advance to have the proper visa (either work visa or student visa) or else you will be going just as a tourist. There are several other threads on this very topic which I encourage you to explore, but without a college degree, there is little work for you to find.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Peaches (Offline)
New to JF

10-04-2007, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I don't think that's too young, as you will be 19, but what do you plan on doing there? You must either have a job or school arranged in advance to have the proper visa (either work visa or student visa) or else you will be going just as a tourist. There are several other threads on this very topic which I encourage you to explore, but without a college degree, there is little work for you to find.

Oh boy.
Well my plan was to start a new lifestyle and learn the language. I was thinking of going before i go to college, but I guess for me to LIVE there I am going to need my college degree?here? I am going to college for Youth and Childwork. I know it sounds backwards, but I REAAAALLLY want to go, as soon as possible. ahaha how niave of me. But yeah, if I go as a tourist how long can I stay there for..?
(#4 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-04-2007, 07:55 PM

As a tourist you can stay for 90 days. Are you learning Japanese now?
(#5 (permalink))
Old
vulgarshudder (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-04-2007, 09:08 PM

Not too young I guess, I was 19 when I first went to Japan to live, but that was with a year study prog with my university.

Yeah no collage degree you're kinda screwed for finding jobs. Does canada have a working holiday agreement with Japan? If it does, then you won't need a degree just a lot of moneeeys.

You could go to a language school or something, the school could sponser your visa........however, this will require even more money, since you'll have to pay for accomadation, school fees etc, and you'll only be able to work part time a few hours a week and it won't really count as an income.

My advice is to get your degree first.

おれんとこ来ないか?
(#6 (permalink))
Old
vulgarshudder (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-05-2007, 06:53 AM

double post

おれんとこ来ないか?

Last edited by vulgarshudder : 10-05-2007 at 06:55 AM. Reason: double post...
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Peaches (Offline)
New to JF

10-05-2007, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
As a tourist you can stay for 90 days. Are you learning Japanese now?

Oh Yeah..? That's ALLLRIGHT.
No I am not learning now, but I know some basics, because my cousin knows japanese so he's kinda teaching me

--Peachez
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Peaches (Offline)
New to JF

10-05-2007, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulgarshudder View Post
Not too young I guess, I was 19 when I first went to Japan to live, but that was with a year study prog with my university.

Yeah no collage degree you're kinda screwed for finding jobs. Does canada have a working holiday agreement with Japan? If it does, then you won't need a degree just a lot of moneeeys.

You could go to a language school or something, the school could sponser your visa........however, this will require even more money, since you'll have to pay for accomadation, school fees etc, and you'll only be able to work part time a few hours a week and it won't really count as an income.

My advice is to get your degree first.

Oohhhhhh boy!!
I Donn't think so..? but i could find out.
Yeah, that's a lot of money! ahah.
but its okay though..but thanks though. I really appreciate your help.

--Peachez
(#9 (permalink))
Old
matt19261 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-06-2007, 01:24 AM

Have you ever thought of going to college in Japan? it might be easier that way.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Shadowulf (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-06-2007, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt19261 View Post
Have you ever thought of going to college in Japan? it might be easier that way.
lol that would still cost a lot of money wouldnt it?
unless youre going to study via a university from your own country, where theyd probably find your accomodation for you and stuff

but there should be scholarships for studying in japan lying around for under and post-graduate categories as well as research students i believe
you just have to look for them

Family:
TheUnknown: Half-Brother
Sachiko: Great Grand Sister
Laina: Older Great Grand Sister
MaymeRachael: Twin Sister
Hentaro: Half-Sister
Yuri: Lil Half-Sister
Tsuzuki: Angel, (Im her devil, RawR)
xYinniex: From-Prison Correspondant
Sutiiven: Fellow Anti-Stalker
Powermad147: Family stalker, ill stop him!

...Am emiluvsjmusic's Turnip...

Check out Turnip the ninja (and friends):
http://youtube.com/watch?v=zhF0qfAn53A
higher quality: http://www.sendspace.com/file/wb1h9i