JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
guigui (Offline)
New to JF

10-25-2007, 01:18 PM

you meant how small is the house. ?
well it has 3 levels with 110 sqm in total.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
TokyoFerrari (Offline)
The white guy in Tokyo

10-25-2007, 04:00 PM

I just finnished building our house. We built in Kimi no mori in Chiba. We own an condo in Odaiba. Weekdays in Tokyo, weekends in the house. I would never build in Tokyo. My wife has 100 tsubo in shinagawa but no way. Where in Tokyo did you build?
(#13 (permalink))
Old
vulgarshudder (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-25-2007, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoFerrari View Post
I just finnished building our house. We built in Kimi no mori in Chiba. We own an condo in Odaiba. Weekdays in Tokyo, weekends in the house. I would never build in Tokyo. My wife has 100 tsubo in shinagawa but no way. Where in Tokyo did you build?
dude *snap* you are loaded. or you wife is at least.

おれんとこ来ないか?
(#14 (permalink))
Old
TokyoFerrari (Offline)
The white guy in Tokyo

10-25-2007, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulgarshudder View Post
dude *snap* you are loaded. or you wife is at least.
Nope. I paied for everything. I make my own money. I dont need to marry for money. See profile.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
SgtBeavis (Offline)
JF Regular

10-26-2007, 09:44 PM

It amazes me that they still stick build houses in Japan. There is such a large manufactured housing industry that does a fantastic job. Don't get me wrong, stick built houses are still great I'm just surprised its still done in the land of efficiency.

That really is a decent size house for Tokyo. My Sister In Law lives in a "large" condo but I have hit my head on a ceiling beam twice. The place is simply tiny. Of course I live in Texas where my 1/4 acre lot is considered small

Post up pics of the house when its done.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-26-2007, 11:47 PM

The construction industry basically lobbied the easily "influenced" government into charging people outrageous taxes for moving into used homes.

In the US 1 out of 5 purchases is of a brand new home.

In Japan 1 out of 6 purchases is of a used home.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
10-27-2007, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
The construction industry basically lobbied the easily "influenced" government into charging people outrageous taxes for moving into used homes.
You`ve got it the wrong way around. They don`t charge outrageous taxes on used homes. They just have tax breaks for new homes. They charge the same taxes on all major purchases - but with a new home they give you a break and a tax credit. Same thing in the end, really, but it`s a bit different from putting extra taxes on a used house. You also have various government services (to help with the loan, etc) available if, and only if, it`s a new house.

We thought about building, and also considered used housing. But in the end we went with a large condo. Mainly for privacy. You actually have more privacy in a condo than a little house crunched up against others. And it`s actually big - unlike that of SgtBeavis`s sister-in-law. Unless, of course, he`s incredibly huge. Our ceilings are 2.8 meters, with the lowest beams at 2.5. The place itself is more than spacious enough for our little family - 106 square meters. Tons of closet space, an actual laundry room, a huge veranda - and the real kicker, a private 28 tsubo yard (not counting the parking space, etc..) All within 10 minutes of Nagoya station. Oh, and we can have pets too.

Sometimes houses seem kind of nice, but I`m glad we went this route. And we bought it in our early 20s, so the loan will be totally paid off long before retirement. Woohoo!

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
TokyoFerrari (Offline)
The white guy in Tokyo

10-27-2007, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
You`ve got it the wrong way around. They don`t charge outrageous taxes on used homes. They just have tax breaks for new homes. They charge the same taxes on all major purchases - but with a new home they give you a break and a tax credit. Same thing in the end, really, but it`s a bit different from putting extra taxes on a used house. You also have various government services (to help with the loan, etc) available if, and only if, it`s a new house.

We thought about building, and also considered used housing. But in the end we went with a large condo. Mainly for privacy. You actually have more privacy in a condo than a little house crunched up against others. And it`s actually big - unlike that of SgtBeavis`s sister-in-law. Unless, of course, he`s incredibly huge. Our ceilings are 2.8 meters, with the lowest beams at 2.5. The place itself is more than spacious enough for our little family - 106 square meters. Tons of closet space, an actual laundry room, a huge veranda - and the real kicker, a private 28 tsubo yard (not counting the parking space, etc..) All within 10 minutes of Nagoya station. Oh, and we can have pets too.

Sometimes houses seem kind of nice, but I`m glad we went this route. And we bought it in our early 20s, so the loan will be totally paid off long before retirement. Woohoo!

you may want to check that again. If i am not mistaking, you get tax breaks on wooden houses only. I have to check this for you.

This is mine. When I get back out to Chiba, I will snap some shots for you. Land is 370 tsubo and the house is 180 tsubo. Built on the #5 hole at Kimi No Mori CC.

ciao

Last edited by TokyoFerrari : 10-30-2007 at 12:32 PM.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
guigui (Offline)
New to JF

10-27-2007, 04:38 AM

big place! I see you have a fireplace on the skecth. where/howmuch/ do you get the wood? by cutting tree on your own land ?

Mine is in Shimokitazawa, near Shibuya. there is a little stove also, but need to find a place to buy"maki"/wood.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
TokyoFerrari (Offline)
The white guy in Tokyo

10-27-2007, 04:44 AM

2 fireplaces. heheh I was thinking of going to the mountains and stealing wood. lol Freash cut wood always smells better. lol