LinkBack Thread Tools
(#51 (permalink))
Old
TokyoFerrari (Offline)
The white guy in Tokyo

10-27-2007, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
without reading all the prior pages, shit happens everywhere you go. whether you live in tokyo or new york city, they both are like capitols of the country, yet they also have their dark secrets which makes people hate and want to leave their countries.

now correct me if i'm wrong ferrari, if that is you in your avatar, then you surely are not japanese. so why would you hate on everyone else that wants to live in japan??

raverboy
First of all, I am from Hawaii. Lahaina, Maui. Yes i am white. and no I do not hate on people who want to live here. I just want you to make sure you know what your getting into. When reality of living in japan slaps you in the face, it can be very tough. I respect everone in this forum. I want to make sure all of you see the good as well as the bad. By all means, EVERYONE cone to Japan. Help open their eyes. Just understand you will not be nor will ever be Japanese. Even if your 100% japanese blood from another part of the world. You will never be....Japanese.
(#52 (permalink))
Old
TokyoFerrari (Offline)
The white guy in Tokyo

10-27-2007, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnknown View Post
c'mon.. let's be honest.. this is just want happens when you migrate to another country.. living there and working there. althought i have to say, not everyone is racist but there is one thing for certain- racism does exist in every country.. <_< especially if you got different skin colour.. hair colour.. but the thing is those who are educated will put this in their mind and not act on it while those without being educated will act on what he believes is right. like TokyoFerrari said "Money is king in this country. Sad but true." so true.. this applies to every country.. it's just that with the money.. flash cars and etc.. it means that you have power.. perhaps highly income.. then people will think twice before giving you one of those racist stares.. or one of those contemptuous looks.. i know.. it's sad
Thats right. I have 2 Fcars *see my posted pictures in my forums*. This is useless in Tokyo cause it is so crowded. But driving them down the street allows me the freedom to not pre judged as a scary gaijin. This is nice sometimes...
(#53 (permalink))
Old
Illusional (Offline)
JF Regular

10-27-2007, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoFerrari View Post
First of all, I am from Hawaii. Lahaina, Maui. Yes i am white. and no I do not hate on people who want to live here. I just want you to make sure you know what your getting into. When reality of living in japan slaps you in the face, it can be very tough. I respect everone in this forum. I want to make sure all of you see the good as well as the bad. By all means, EVERYONE cone to Japan. Help open their eyes. Just understand you will not be nor will ever be Japanese. Even if your 100% japanese blood from another part of the world. You will never be....Japanese.
i tend to disagree on this one. being japanese is just an ethnic background status. i understand what you are trying to say when you say that only native born japanese will ever be full japanese, but i believe that is wrong. in many of the other threads, it's quite easy for a non-native person of any ethnicity to take an interest in the japanese culture and to immerse themselves in it 100 percent as you are doing now.

being anything, regardless of the ethnicity is all in the eyes of the beholder. many people would probably love to be japanese, yet at the other end of the spectrum, i'm sure that a lot of japanese people are dying to get out of japan and move to america. it's the same thing back and forth and for those who succeed and give up their citizenship, i think that they deserve a lot of credit.

raverboy

...this is just my perspective on the situation...
(#54 (permalink))
Old
Lonewolf (Offline)
New to JF

10-27-2007, 08:04 PM

I think what he means is the Japanese will always see you as a foreigner, no matter how long you live there or how well you speak the language.
(#55 (permalink))
Old
TokyoFerrari (Offline)
The white guy in Tokyo

10-28-2007, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
I think what he means is the Japanese will always see you as a foreigner, no matter how long you live there or how well you speak the language.
That is exactly what I mean.
(#56 (permalink))
Old
kyo_9 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via Yahoo to kyo_9
10-28-2007, 04:12 AM

gosh.. is it that bad?

LiVe Ur LiFe
Don't do drugs!

(#57 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-28-2007, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyo_9 View Post
gosh.. is it that bad?
Very good question.

I have no interest in becoming a Japanese citizen, but have lived in Japan for long enough to know that I could do it without going nuts. If I knew I would never live in any country every again, I wouldn't waste my time trying to become a Japanese citizen. What, so I can vote?
(#58 (permalink))
Old
GhostBlade (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-28-2007, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
I am not sure the feeling of the Japanese population would entirely reflect that. Especially a few certain groups of the culture, I think they would not care of foreigners. That seems to be the feeling in many places. Dont beleive everything you read, media makes stories to sell them, they are after your money, nothing else. Still, some will have truth, however, discrimination is a part of every country, you cant avoid it. I am from Australia, the country has gone from the pre 9/11 view of multiculturalism with open arms, to "if you cant speak our language and follow our way of life, get out." Now China-town in Sydney and Melbourne have become from places to be proud of to people seeming to think they dont belong in the country. Not to mention the harsh times Muslims get. Some people will refuse to ride on public transport if a person is wearing traditional Islamic dress. What you say is not unique to Japan.

TokyoFerari, dont bullshit. I know who that is in your avatar, I have seen him before. He is not you.
Who is it then? I'm curious to know. Also, he says he has two Ferarris? I have a hard time believing that. What's the point of having both of them in Tokyo? Also, that article is written by DEBITO ARUDOU. This guy likes to complain about everything.
(#59 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-28-2007, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostBlade View Post
Who is it then? I'm curious to know. Also, he says he has two Ferarris? I have a hard time believing that. What's the point of having both of them in Tokyo? Also, that article is written by DEBITO ARUDOU. This guy likes to complain about everything.
I am glad someone else noticed the DEBITO ARUDOU connection. I see his articles on all kinds of places. Could he be a BILL O'RIELLY type?
(#60 (permalink))
Old
GhostBlade (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-28-2007, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I am glad someone else noticed the DEBITO ARUDOU connection. I see his articles on all kinds of places. Could he be a BILL O'RIELLY type?
From what I gathered, he went on a political rampage when he wasn't allowed into an onsen in Hokkaido that was only for Japanese. He just seems like the type that just wants to be recognized and just spouts crap. He is doing it for his own ego by saying the same things over and over. America is racist also, but does that keep people from visiting or living here? The same goes for all places.

Last edited by GhostBlade : 10-28-2007 at 07:56 AM.